PDA

View Full Version : Broadway Faucet problems

oakalley
07-22-2009, 12:57 PM
I have a Broadway Spread faucet set in my master bathroom tub. this was never converted to Ceramic Disc Stem sets, has the original washer type stems. I cannot get the faucets to stop leaking even after replacing the washers in both the faucets. I feel like the seats are bad, but I can't find any replacement seats. Several companies sell the Ceramic disc cartridge replacement stems. My questions are where could I find the seats/washers ? And second, would ceramic disc stems fit and work in my existing faucet body?
thanks very much
Arthur

jimbo
07-22-2009, 02:41 PM
As you know, Broadway went under. I am surprised you are finding ceramic stems, but so be it.

When I look at a parts diagram of the compression spreadset, it does not look like a ceramic stem will retrofit into it. Not long enough. The part number for the compression repair kit, which included a seat, is 26.50196 but I don't think you will find it anywhere. I really don't know if the seat was made by someone still in business, but I don't think so.

TedL
07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Any chance this is the right one?

http://www.faucetstems.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=255

jimbo
07-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Nice job finding that. It looks like the stem in the diagrams I have. I know that some of the single handle Broadway showers used Speakman cartridges, so it seems there was a relationship there...so it makes sense.