National trend in home Bath "tubs"

Users who are viewing this thread

Edwardh1

Reaction score
Where could you get sales data to show what people are buying - regular bathtubs, whirlpool bathtubs or air tubs?
Is that published in some industry publication? I have read healt concerns about the jetted tubs and a realtor told me many builders are going back the "soakers" tubs which is fufu talk for a regular bathtub - I think. which way is the industry going? is there a whirlpool trade association?

Last edited:

Must58GT

Reaction score
I doubt you'll find a "national survey" on this topic. Trends like this vary by region and demographics. But I do have a suggestion. My dad annoyed the crap out of me when I was younger by asking several different SME's (subject matter experts) the same question, comparing the answers and then making up his own mind. Try asking your local plumbing supply shops, Home Depot or Lowe's salesmen or home builders what they're selling the most of. That should give you a reasonably good idea. (BTW our builder told us recently people are installing nice walk-in showers over tubs now.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks