Installing kitchen faucet with totally separate hand spray?

Users who are viewing this thread

eeka

Reaction score
I'm putting in a new kitchen and the one and only faucet I like doesn't include a handspray. So my next brilliant idea is to install a separate handspray on some sort of diverter. Is this a good idea? If so, is it practical to do myself, or should I hire a plumber?

For background, I know basically nothing about plumbing (the most I've done is hooking up a dishwasher and swapping out sinks and toilets), but have a strong automotive background and know my way around tools and hardware.

:confused:

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
The only practical way is to find a faucet you like that has a handspray.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is no practical way to divert a side sprayer on a faucet which does not have it built in. Of course, with the proper amount of cubic dollars, anything is possible. But you will not easily find everything it would take o to this. Most styles of faucets are availabel with a side spray.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Then either repair the part that IS leaking, or call a plumber to do it. Without knowing the make and model of the faucet, there is no way we can diagnose it, and even then we might not be able to tell you how YOU could fix it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks