Watergap, faucet and airgap in one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dangler

Reaction score
Arrowhead brass makes these, and I haven't seen anything like them from anybody else, its a dishwasher airgap with a faucet for filtered water plumbed through it in a single unit. No more drilling a hole for a filtered water faucet.

No comment on this seller, its just a link I found where you can see a picture of one, and my checking says they are selling older units, not the current product which has some improvements.

http://champion-arrowhead.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

There is nothing unique about that faucet. It is the same one that comes with many reverse osmosis units. It is not a dishwasher air gap, it is a reverse osmosis drain air gap, which is an entirely different thing.

Dangler

Reaction score
Look again, it is a dishwasher airgap, and the first generation didn't work with RO.

Mike6f

Reaction score
15 short years later after installing this a small slow leak around the valve actuator has started. Now the adventure begins to see if I can fix it, or locate a replacement.

BTW it was useless for the intended purpose as my RO unit has a waste water pump that discharges in squirts as the pump cycles and that overwhelms the "happy" flow rate of the RO side of the device. No issues with the dishwasher side

Mike6f

Reaction score
Thanks, that one is typical from searching for air gap faucet, the air gap is the tiny one for the RO discharge line, not one to replace the dishwasher air gap.

BUT

Your linked site included a pdf of the product showing all the parts which I am thinking are generic to the faucet part of my device, and should be good to show me how to rebuild mine.

My goal is to avoid as much as possible time in the nightmare that exists under my sink, if I can make a topside repair even if it means buying a new faucet and exchanging the guts.

BTW I think my original product still exists, but its only showing from a small local company that rents RO and wants $90 for the faucet, although it looks a lot like the $17 WATT on amazon.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks