Man Hole Cover or Something

Users who are viewing this thread

Pinchbug

Reaction score
OK here is my delima. When the well driller put our new well in we were not home and for some reason he put it right next to our driveway. Well, we have to drive across our well head to get our camper and trailer out of the back yard. We are looking for something to put over the well head to protect it in case we happen to run over it. My husband is thinking that a man hole cover might work. We tried putting one of those fiberglass water meter boxes over it but it just pushed down into the ground and cracked. I think we need an old fashioned concrete box and iron cover but we don't know where to get one of these. Any ideas or suggestions of where we can find one or something that will work better???

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My personal, no-pro opinion, is having a well-head next to your driveway is asking for it to be polluted by runoff from the vehicles, oil, gas, antifreeze, etc. Not a good situation. I certainly wouldn't want to park a vehicle over it. Maybe not a big deal, but it doesn't seem right...

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
To do a manhole right you would have to pour around it with concrete enough to support the lid and vehicles and get a traffic rated cover.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks