Basement rough-in vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

pzflkw

Reaction score
I have rough ins for shower, toilet and sink in my basement. The sink and the shower meet up to the 4" waste line which runs appx 15' to the waste water well. Overhead of the well are two lines. One is 2 1/2" OD PVC that runs to my main sewer out and the other looks to be a 1 1/2" OD PVC for vent.

My question is in regards to the vent required for shower and toilet. Will the vent from the waste water well be sufficient for these two lines. I cannot vent those lines as they are embedded in the floor and I don't wish to cut the floor.

Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Last edited by a moderator:

pzflkw

Reaction score
vents

Well they didn't do it right then because neither the shower or toilet have vent stacks. Why would the builder do this!?? And why would inspection not catch this!? So at this point I think have no option but to cut into the concrete and install proper vents. I'll try to include an image of my rough in on a future post just to verify.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Betcha the plan was to wet vent the group through the lav. Check your distances. The vent to W/C distance is unlimited.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
This type of problem seems to be brutally abundant.

Do all of these builders think that they can just wet vent the entire bathroom through the sink?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Dont know about builders but most plumbers will wet vent the group if possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks