Whining Shower Hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Brett_R

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have a Peerless shower fixture, I believe model 76513 (detached head w/ hose, massage functions kind of thing). Recently, the shower began making a rather loud "whining" (screeching?) sound when the warm/hot water runs through it. By taking the whole thing apart (shower head, hose, and base attachment), hooking it up piece by piece and running water through each partial build, I narrowed it down to the hose. I think. ;)

So the question becomes, is this likely something simple like sediment/mineral buildup in the hose? Is it likely something more complicated? Either way, is there a simple solution (IE, run Lime Away through the hose)?

Thanks for your thoughts!

- Brett

Edit: Aha! Another piece of the puzzle emerges - Apparently, if you run warm/hot water through it long enough (about 30 minutes), it stops making the sound. Normally the GF and I take shower morning/night, but today we both showered in the morning. It made the sound the entire time I was showering, but when she got in (about 30 minutes after I finished), the sound only lasted a minute or two.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks