Moen 3320 or 3330 rough-in confusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumb Crazy

Reaction score
Greetings all,

This is my first time using the forum and I hope to see a quick resolution to my "potential" problem.

I am installing a master shower area (for lack of a better term) with a body spray shower system. The main valve is a Moen 3320. My problem is that I do not see how I can rough-in the valve within a standard-sized wall, or for that matter, how to connect support to it.

I've seen smaller valves supported solely by the two vertical feed lines but this valve must weigh ten pounds. It is so big that when positioned where the face plate is flush with where the finished tile will be, there is only about 3/4" left before I would hit the back part of the wall (drywall).

Any input on how to mount this valve would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

moen_3330.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
It looks like from the Moen website there is a kind of drop ear elbow on the top w/ two screw holes that you can use to attach to a 1x4 or some kind of metal support bar.
But I'm an amateur.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks