Help Please...Plumbing Problem???

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Kennedy

Reaction score
Hi,

When my washing machine drains, the guest bathroom toilet bubbles and then the whole house smells awful...like sulfer or sewage type smell. It is really bad, This just started last week...Tonight, my wife was washing some clothes and then she got into the tub in the master bath, when she let the water out of the tub the toilet in the master bathroom bubbled like crazy, I checked and the guest toilet was bubbling as well and the washing machine was draining too. We do have a septic system but this is all new to me as we have only lived here for a year. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most likely your drain line is clogged. Your septic tank may need pumping, and the drain field should be evaluated. Call a Plumber to verify this and fix the problem. It won't just go away.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I should have added, this. Do not try to clear this up with chemical drain cleaner. They will not work and will create a hazzard for a plumber. Also, don't try to save a few dollars by trying to auger the drain yourself. It will take a plumber with professional equipment and know how to properly do the job. You could actually cause serious damage to the drain and to yourself.

Mike Kennedy

Reaction score
Thanks...

Thanks so much for your help, I had feeling you might say that there may be a backup. I will be sure to have someone come out to check it. Would you happen to know just a rough estimate of how much that could cost? The pumping etc... Thanks again. Mike

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
give this a try

go to a hardware store and get a blow bag. you need one 1 1/2 "-2"

this screws on to your garden hose. you stick it in several inches into sinks ,showers. 2" stand pipe on wash. machine ect. it,s about $7.00. it expands and sends pulses of water into drain pipes, this may clear a blockage, if you have one. for about $50 they make a heavy canvas one to go into your sewer clean out that leads to your cesspool. this pipe is 3 or 4"
please report back to us on fix. i do suggest you call a plumber, though!

florida wages are a lot lower than ca. a service call should be fair.

ask many neighbors for plumber references. when one name keeps coming up ,that,s your plumber. good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks