Need Help and Suggestion to connect SS pipe to Cast Iron Pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

acoindia

Reaction score
Dear All

Can anyone suggest me how to connect the SS Floor Trap to the Cast Iron Waste Pipes . as in my Country i.e india Many Cast iron Pipes Manufact.are there .
But No SS pipe and Fiitings manufact..

But for the project which I am handling , there SS traps from ACO germany used and to reduce the Piping Cost Now I am using the Cast Iron Pipes instead of SS pipes from Same ACO Company.
Now I have Two Questions

1. How to COnnect SS Outlet of Trap to Cast Iron Pipe ??? ( Any Adaptor or Connectors )

2. As we are using Drip Seal for Connecting two Cast Iron Pipes at Joint .

Can we use that or is there any Sealeant to seal the joints beween two Pipes ??

I am trying to create as possible as Std Solutions...

Awaiting for your reply...

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
No hub couplers are neoprene sleeves with a clamp that covers the entire sleeve. One end of the sleeve is sized for one of the pipes being connected and the other end is sized for the other pipe. In this case the SS pipe to the cast iron pipe. So, you must know the sizes and types of pipes being connected. Do not use the sleeve that has just a hose clamp on each end. I have no idea of the availability of such fittings in your country.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks