Bathroom Tub leaking. Concrete subfloor. Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

jkj

Reaction score
We have water coming underneath the floor in the hallway next to the bathroom. We believe the water is coming from a leaking bathtub drain.

This is a single story house with concrete subfloor/no basement. We thought it may have been coming from the roof vent but its not looking that way now.

This is an older home and has a ceramic tub/tile floors in the bathroom. Obviously there is no access panel. The shower wall is tiled.

I'm in a bad spot here aren't I? Does the tub need to be pulled out? Cut a hole in the opposite wall and take a look? Advice?

No way this can be fixed without anything intrusive is there? There is a screw on top of the tub drain.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Have you pulled the cover plate off and looked at (felt around) the valve? That would be my first move.

jkj

Reaction score
By cover plate you mean the drain plate in the tub right? I haven't... I'll unscrew that and take a look at it.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I mean right where your tub valve is, the handle to turn on the water. Pull that off and you should have enough room to feel around the valve to see if it's wet.

What kind of valve do you have. It might be as simple as replacing the cartridge if you're lucky.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks