remove valve from Mansfield Frostfree Sillcock

Users who are viewing this thread

mastersjn

Reaction score
I searched the forum and didn't see this issue (a lot on leaky siphons though).

I think I have have a Quarter turn Mansfield Frost free sillcock (maybe 10-12"), has the following on the vaccum break cap: A.S.S.E.1019-A. Then a sybol, SA inside a big C

Anyway, the water flow from this faucet reduced suddenly and I suspect something is blocking inside (had something similar happen in shower, and when I removed the Moen cartridge, I found debris and susspect similar with the outside faucet.

How do I remove the valve stem to check? I removed the handle, then the couple of fittings locking onto pipe. But unlike the rotating variety (remove the nut and the whole thing unscrews allowing washer replacement) it does not unscrew and I am afraid of putting to much torque and breaking the brass stem. There is a hole drilled through the brass stem near the handle, is this to attach something either to turn or pull?

Thanks

NPMSTR

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.prier.com
If it is a Mansfield valve, you should be able to remove the handle, remove the packing nut and remove the stem.

Are you sure it is a Mansfield valve? Your description has me confused. Can you post a picture of the valve?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks