dye test

Users who are viewing this thread

conniey

Reaction score
I live in a small suburb of Pittsburgh in Western PA that uses public sewers. When we bought the house it had indoor french drains that drained into the sewer system. We do not have a sump pump system. We get very minimal water inside so probably only a quart or so goes through the french drain system each year.
We are selling and need a dye test. Will the dye test and inspection show the french drains going into the sewer? Will that be a problem?
I'm very nervous. If it is a problem we wll have to dig up all our concrete floors in our basement, half of which is a finished gameroom.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
test

Why, and who, is asking for the dye test. It will be a problem if the drains are connected to the sewer, and if that is not permitted in your area. Otherwise it will merely show whether they are actually connected to the sewer system or not.

conniey

Reaction score
The township is asking and all communities around here now requires a dye test. Does the plumber look for a sump?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
But WHY do they want it? Is it to verify that the house is connected to the sewer system and not a septic tank? Are they looking for illegal storm drain connections? Why they want it and WHERE the dye is introduced will determine what the plumber is seeking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks