New basement bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

pamom

Reaction score
I have a question we recently put in a basement bathroom, we had a licensed plumber do the rough in. I had purchased everything before hand so he would know vanity size shower surround ect. Anyway, had to have waterline moved because bumped support on vanity (hole in wall made). Had to purchase extension valve for shower do to width of surround not taken into consideration when placing shower/tub valve. So needless to say I put the toilet flange in myself and now I want to know what to do about the copper pipe sticking out where the tub spout is to go my moen posi-temp spout calls for a threaded end to screw on spout what I have is a copper pipe with soddered on nipple end I believe (small hole at end of soddered copper peice) Not sure that i want to pay the guy to come back can I do this my self can you just put sleeve over it or do i have to cut off end and put on threaded end. I also have a two inch pipe sticking out for shower I hope i can just unscrew that and screw in my shower pipe but have'nt attempted yet.

Any advice should I just call the plumber back, I'm a little peaved as he knew what I need for rough in as all hardware was available for review! Can anyone help this mom's first attempt at plumbing.

Plumguy

Reaction score
There is an old saying in plumbing "your'e finish is only as good as your'e rough" and this the perfect example. I would call him back and make him fix his mistakes or take care of HIS problems without it being a cost to you! Or hire another plumber and back charge the original.

pamom

Reaction score
Thanks Plumguy

Called HIM Back to correct the fitting at the spout but fixed everything else myself. thanks for the advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks