Dahl Quick Grip

Users who are viewing this thread

nolaz

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this valve? Was thinking of using it on my toilet line stubout for a clean look. Seems too good to be true.

Or has anyone tried this set-up yet?

dahl-quick-grip.jpg

https://www.dahlvalve.com/products/...ly-stops/push-fit/supply-stops-611-QG3-31.php

Which do people prefer?

Thanks.
Nola

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I haven't used any of those Dahl valves.

I have to admit, they do have some cool looking products.
We do stock a few Dahl's for some toilet installations where we have to move a shutoff.

I prefer the compression connection, I can work with those later.

Last edited:

SWong

Reaction score
Dahl

They are good, until you have to take one off to replace it.
I completely agree with HJ on his opinion. Once you use a compression fitting to the stubout coming off the wall it's a bear getting the ferrule off. Exacerbating matter is the fact many plumbers ond renovators cut the rough stubout too close to the wall making it almost impossible to repair a failed shutoff due to a lack of piping to repair via sweat or another compression fitting. Also, many of the shutoffs sold are absolutely junk guaranteed to fail after only a few years of service. This includes BrassCraft, Nibco, Watts, etc. Best I've seen currently are Dahl branded shutoffs...they are almost twice the cost however they come with a very decent guarantee against failure. Not always available locally however you can google then order online

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks