PDA

View Full Version : American Standard Shower fittings and faucets

Mahnrut
05-05-2009, 08:37 PM
We are gutting and remodeling a shower bathroom and have found a style of fixtures we like in American Standard Green Tea Collection. I am a bit concerned as I can only find negative comments about American Standard bathroom fittings on websites. The bathroom is going to cost a lot before we get to the fixtures so although American Standard seems a bit less expensive than other makes and we are not averse to saving a bit we want quality fittings that will last especially for things like the thermostatic valve which is not so easily changed out. I have heard that AS are metal outside but the working parts (valves etc) are all plastic. If anyone has any experience with this make I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks

Herk
05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
AS and Kohler tub & shower valves are pretty similar. I don't much care for either of them. I have used a number of AS basin faucets and some sink faucets and they're OK. Basins are pretty good - sink faucets seem a bit tall and bouncy on a SS sink. Sometimes, the kitchen handles seem to be designed so they're hard to adjust once opened, but that's not uncommon in various new ones.

Gary Swart
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
If the quality control on the faucets are like they have on their toilets, forget 'em. Every plumber as his/her own favorite brands. FWIW, mine is Delta, but that is not to flame others. I've never had a bad experience with Delta.

Redwood
05-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh yipeeeeee!
The cycle is compleeeeeeeeeetttttttttttteeeeeeeeee.

hj
05-06-2009, 06:05 AM
The working parts of MOST shower valve are plastic these days, so that is no longer a determining factor.