Installed Bath Tub Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Is it possible that an installed bath tub set in mortar could tip?

Cookie

Reaction score
HJ,

That is also what someone else had told me. I hope you guys are right. Today is my birthday and I hate surprises. :mad:

It is just that I have had trouble with this bathroom since 05, the year my husband died, and the people who fixed it weren't the best, infact, maybe some of them the worst.

The floor was the major problem. Unless, it is my imagination, when in the shower I can hear a cracking from what sounds like nearer the tub drain. Plus, the tub is not draining the greatest. I have cleaned all the what-have-you's out of it, hair etc. Still not draining well.

My sons always takes showers in that one, but even though they are normal weight, too.

I am not saying the tub is going to tip like the tipping cow things you can watch on you tube, but, I am concerned since, I hit the long shots. :rolleyes:

Play the number 707 today or 5554 better yet, 5555... May, 5, I am 55. It was a long-shot, I would ever see, 55.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, thank you! so very much. That was really nice of you.
I had a great birthday, my son came home with my favorite pizza, which the only kind I will eat, a white pizza, with sliced tomatoes and spinach, I love it and it doesn't make me sick. Most foods do. And, a huge bag of M&M's, LOL, I love those, and then, a big can of Folgers, again my favorite and a wonderful funny card. It just made my day, oh, and then lottery birthday cards, and we won 4 bucks! I had a great BD. It was very nice, and my other son bought me a huge card which I hung on the china glass. And, then the girlfriends, and coworkers... horrible, people. ;) I always do off topic, on topic is boring. :p

It is not tipped that I know of. I was talking to the younger son and he said, he heard it squeaking for 3 years. The access panel is in his bedroom, it is a jet tub. He said, he heard/hears it squeaking when his brother is using it. I rarely, use this one, so this is all new to me.

I was wondering about tipping because I figure that is the worst that could happen. I am alittle, okay, maybe a lot gun shy of things.

Thank you for asking.

3m

Reaction score
I heard that bathtubs only tip on your birthday, so you should be ok after today. Happy birthday

Cookie

Reaction score
:)That was so cool Red, imagine if the Beatles did sing Happy Birthday to you! Better than Marylin anyday.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful birthday!

Jnaas, I interviewed Betty Hill once and got to know her well. She wanted to take me to what she called the landing strip to see the UFO's coming in overhead. I never got to go due to time.:( You know I believe this woman. She was always talking about fuel propulsion with the crafts. She was a very interesting woman and who knows?

By the way, what would make the tub squeaking when you are in it?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

Cracking sounds in the tub floor, could be flexing due to improper support, but that would depend on the tub's construction. Bad drainage is a piping problem, usually an accumulation, rather than poor pipe installation. Whether you have an actual problem or not would require an onsite inspection. But, with the veil and red stillettos, that might be hazardous to the inspector's marriage.

Cookie

Reaction score
Flexing. That is what I thought, I have been thinking. My sons are not tiny people, I swear they had to have been switched at birth. They are not overweight they are built, one tall, and could their weights be doing this? If so, that is it, they are going to get very skinny, because I cannot afford to replace a tub, a floor, pipes, etc..

My husband installed this tub, and the floor was always just the floor at that part. (The rest of the floor was replaced by a couple of yo's yo's and I really do, question what they did.

But, the floor under the tub should be okay, I would think. What I am wondering, if the mortar my husband had put under it, because I wonder if Tim, maybe, not knowing, did not do something he needed to.

I am concerned like I said, because my sons use this one and I have hit the long shots enough of times to know without a doubt to pay attention to things. I know that sounds crazy, but when you get old enough you just know.

Married men? No

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks