need to provide 3 inch cleanout

Users who are viewing this thread

mccj

Reaction score
The city requires a 3 inch cleanout with p trap for new swimming pool construction. There is a toilet 1 foot from an exterior wall but adjacent to the wall. Its a slab floor. Can I pull the toilet and somehow tie in to the toilet? Thanks.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
It is hard for us to answer your question since we have no idea what city or state you are in. Codes are different from city to city. Here in Illinois the answer would be no you can not pull the water closet and tie in at that point. You have to open up the slab and make a proper connection to the sewer.

It is best to go to your local building department and ask to speak with the plumbing inspector and ask him what is allowed for your situation. They rather have you ask how to do it right.

mccj

Reaction score
Orange county Ca. It's for pool waste water. No draining to the street. I can chip slab to tie in plumbing, thats not a problem. Just wasn't sure if it's do able. Was hoping someone had dealt with a similar situation. Guess I should check with the city.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pool

Here, you cannot drain into the street, but they don't want that amount of water into the sewer system either. That is why they make grass lawns.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks