Shower faucet reviews? And another question...

Users who are viewing this thread

schu777

Reaction score
I'm going through and doing a Master Bathroom remodel and will be replacing the shower/sink faucets. Before we just go buy any brand, I got to thinking that perhaps I should check to see if there certain ones that I should really consider or ones that I should avoid.

The things to consider is:

1) Price - I really like to keep each one $250 or less - I guess I could go more on the shower one, but not much more than $350.
2) Shower - replacement of the valve is fine, so of some of the fixtures I'm finding out that I need to purchase the valve separately.
3) Replacement parts - got to thinking about this - I don't want to get some fixture/valve that will cost an arm/leg to fix in the future or be hard to find parts for.

I'm guessing there really isn't any reviews out there about certain faucets, more like which ones to avoid.

Another Question...
Should I put in shutoff valves in line of the cold/hot water lines up to the shower valve? I can cut an access panel in the wall (be next to the toilet) to get to them. If so, would it be best to use the ball/lever type valve?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I've searched, but forum searches I'm not very successful with...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Start out with a Delta R-10000 Universal Valve then pick the Cartridge and Trim set that has the options you want.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks