Jacuzzi Tub faucet install

Users who are viewing this thread

countryhouse

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I just registered after a few months of just reading the forum.

I am remodeling our bathroom and installing a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub from Lowe's. It's a drop-in tub that I am installing in a tiled pedestal.

Can I drill through the top of the tub rim to install a Roman faucet with handheld shower?

The tub has a large flat triangular area in each corner on top where there is nothing underneath in the way.

The installation instructions are very brief and don't mention anything about the faucets. I have E-mailed tech at Jacuzzi, but they don't respond to my E-mails.

Also, the tub has about 5 or 6 foam pads that act as feet. The instructions say nothing is needed under the tub if the floor is level. The box says the tub is "self-leveling" but there is no further explanation in the instructions. My floor is level along the length of the tub and about 1/4" out of level across the width. I was going to build the pedestal so there is 1 inch under the foam pads where I can pour a mortar bed to level it.

Could I just shim up the foam pads to level it or is the mortar bed still best?

Thanks in Advance
Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

There are usually reinforced areas under the rim where holes can be drilled for the faucet. If it does not have them then the tub could be damaged by users pulling on the faucet spout.

countryhouse

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

The Jacuzzi installation manual that is available online is identical to the one furnished with the tub.

I finally decided to call Jacuzzi on the phone (they didn't answer my E-mail). The Jacuzzi tech person on the phone said that it was ok to drill through the top rim in any of the 4 trinagular-shaped corners of the tub to install a faucet. So I am going to install the faucet on the rim in one of those 4 places.

Thanks
Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks