Sudden Low Flow in Kitchen Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Heathers

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well this time in my 85 year old rental house, the water flow to the kitchen sink upstairs has suddenly faded to a small stream. It has copper pipes that lead to the shutoff valves under the sink, and from the valves to the faucet it has flexible braided plastic type hoses like you use for a toilet (is it usual to use this kind for a kitchen sink?).

Well, I don't see any apparent leaks or notice any signs of water in the walls or floor along the path of the water lines.

Another thing I should mention is that the faucet itself in not anchored to the sink, you can jiggle it around. The water pressure is fine in the bathroom sink which is right behind the wall from the kitchen sink so it must feed off the same water line. Should I replace the kitchen faucet, or is it more likely a leak, or is there something more basic that I should check first?

Thanks,

Heather

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The most likely problem is the aerator. Probably some debris got into it.

You should however fix the loose faucet mounting because it will allow water to leak around it and under the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks