washer/garbage disposal drain

Users who are viewing this thread

SRICE1417

Reaction score
have drain of some sort in the floor of the laundry room where garbage disposal/washer both empty. heard tremendous noise and rushing water. water coming out of the drain which resembles (somewhat) a sump pump. Turned off water valve in ceiling which allowed water to subside. I have no idea what this is or what to do. appreciate any insight.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Weird. A garbage disposal dumping to a floor drain???? Is this a restaurant?? Was the rushing water hot?? When you turned off that valve to stop the water, what else in now not working? How about some pictures??

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Whatever you have, it is unorthodox and most likely very "uncode". I don't think this is a DIY project. It sounds like a classic case of a hack job and a good example of why inspections are important. You need a professional plumber on site to evaluation what you have and advise you on what will make it right.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

It could be a grease interceptor, in which case it could be full of whatever you ground up in the disposer over the past few years. We would need a picture to even make a guess as to the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks