PDA

View Full Version : thermostatic temperature control for bathtub

BlackNoir
04-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi, I've been googling for this and haven't been lucky. Is there something that I could use to basically dial in a specific temperature of water for a bath? I'm basically looking for something that I can set to a specific temperature so I can fill a tub with that temp water. My kids love to play in the bath and I'd like to be able to add water for them whenever they need it to warm back up but it's a real pain to get the temp just right when you're just letting it run at a slow fill instead of full blast.

I hope that makes sense.. :)

-Shay

hj
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Not without changing the entire faucet, unless you are lucky enough to have one which makes an interchangeable temperature module.

jadnashua
04-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Many manufacturers make thermostatically controlled valves...I have one made by Grohe in my house and the plumbers here like the Delta 1700 rough-in valve with the thermostatic cartridge (and your choice of trim). Set it, and summer or winter, the temp is the same.

BlackNoir
04-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Any chance you have a link to one of these?

jadnashua
04-08-2009, 08:40 AM
www.groheamerica.com (http://www.groheamerica.com) is one. Not sure of Delta's website...just google it and search on thermostatic valve