garydschneider

Users who are viewing this thread

garydschneider

Reaction score
I live in an upper unit in a 1960's condo/apt. unit and have very low water pressure only on the hot water side at the bathtub/shower only.kitchen and bathroom sink have fine hot water pressure.Is this a problem I should ask the Condo mngmt. look into?? , or should I try some things like a new handle assembly first.It's a MOEN ...Thanks for any advice...gs

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Depends on how your unit is set up. Do you have an individual water heater for your unit? Around here, each owner is usually responsible for the plumbing in his own unit.

Your problem could be in the shower valve. Need to take it apart and replace the cartridge, possibly. Now, you need to find out where the main water shutoff for your unit is. If you do not have an individual main valve, then you have to coordinate with management for permission to shut off the whole building.

Might be time to call a plumber.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

There could be any of several causes, most of them in the shower valve, and some are easier to fix that others, but without checking your system it is impossible for us to give a specific cure. Even a guess would require that we know the make and model of the valve.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should check your condo rules. Some require a licensed plumber to do all plumbing work.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you get any rusty water out of the shower when you first start? Do you know what your pipes are made of (copper, galvanized, plastic)?

It's not uncommon for somebody to use a galvanized nipple or other parts, and these can essentially close up as they rust out. Brass is much preferred and would typically outlive you.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Gary,
Go to this link below and use the pull down menus under
"DON'T KNOW YOUR MODEL OR REPLACEMENT PART NUMBER?"

It will help you to rapidly find your model number.
Post back with the model number.

Moen Replacement Parts Index

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks