PDA

View Full Version : Do we need Gun control YET?

Cookie
04-04-2009, 09:23 AM
[/URL]

[URL]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090404/ap_on_re_us/binghamton_shootings (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090404/ap_on_re_us/pittsburgh_shooting)

When are their enough of shootings?

Dunbar Plumbing
04-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Here's how this works in certain areas:

If everyone owns a gun, knows that it's a common thing in the town/neighborhood?

Gun violence/gun related incidents go sharply down.

Where the most restrictions are that prohibit gun use, that's where the gun violence goes up.

Virginia tech shootings: guy was patience to wait 7 days, 14 days, 30 days.

If someone wants to kill someone, it's going to happen. Pick your weapon of choice. Gun isn't always the logical answer for some but you can line up all the dead bodies from head to toe...won't ever stop violence.

Dunbar Plumbing
04-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I just mentioned that in areas where everyone owns a gun, and less restrictions, gun violence goes down. That means the everyday criminal understands there's a higher probability he'll be met with the same stopping force.

You cannot stop gun violence removing guns; the government has implemented steps, banned certain ones, given time delays and background checks.

Seems to me it's the individual and not the weapon that's killing people. Nothing wrong for feeling sorry for dead people. We all get there eventually.

These talking points are rehashed when there is death in this fashion, but when you count the dead that were accomplished by improperly marked intersections...the value of human death goes staggering low. That aluminum sign or flashing red light holds a higher value.

Scuba_Dave
04-04-2009, 01:53 PM
When guns are illegal only criminals will have guns

Dunbar Plumbing
04-04-2009, 04:07 PM
You may not want to hear this, but I studied quite extensively about this in college, and to tell you that you are wrong, you wouldn't understand why it goes along with sociology. It is something you really have to study, sorry to sound arrogant.

No, it's not arrogant because there's two sides to every coin and perception is either skewed or followed.

I follow the perception of what I see and hear, witness in regards to the issues about guns.

Here's one just this morning:

http://kdka.com/local/officers.shot.Stanton.2.975820.html (http://kdka.com/local/officers.shot.Stanton.2.975820.html)

That's 7 dead police officers in the past 4 weeks.

But for every 1 person that uses a gun in this fashion, there 12-10,000 that use theirs appropriately and in a mature, adult fashion.

And the guy has a right to be concerned about losing the right to bear arms. It's a "constitutional" thing.

Speaking of college,

When that Cho Seung-Hui started blowing away all those students,

Not one, not one highly educated individual had the ability to protect themselves, and a gun would of.

I don't need an education in sociology to understand that you don't bring a knife to a gun fight, let alone a book or try to stop what cannot be stopped.

If every gun was removed from the earth *which it won't be* this same type of element will find another way to do the damage they are wanting to cause.

I am now going to blow up my toilet with the Taco Bell 4th meal that arrived a few hours sooner than I expected.

Cookie
04-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Actually, then one link I posted was to where the 7 was killed this morning. It is the best if you can understand why people do the killing, that is sociology.

Dunbar Plumbing
04-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Actually, then one link I posted was to where the 7 was killed this morning. It is the best if you can understand why people do the killing, that is sociology.

But why does that matter? It doesn't because you can't stop them before it happens. You can't fix people, and that's how it goes.

This guy lost his job, like millions of others, doesn't like Obama and his gun control, and he went all postal on people that didn't deserve to die.

It's now the "I'm sorry" for what I've done, he'll do time and the next death or deaths are soon to come.

You figure out how to solve the next killing before it happens and everyone in sociology will be called slackers for not fixing this problem sooner.

Please do not say community educational programs because the government is interested in business organizations that create incomes, not fix bad people in this world that we cannot repair. That's one way spending and those don't equate to dollars building the empire.

Cookie
04-04-2009, 04:17 PM
You teach them when they all young. Kids are our future. You teach them right.

Dunbar Plumbing
04-04-2009, 04:28 PM

????

You are aware that kids bring guns to schools more in this day and age than ever? I swear it's extra-curricular for school sponsored activities its so commonplace.

Kids and Children already know the hazards. You have some type of "smoking gun" answer to these problems that will fix it all?

Or are you just exercising your opinion for evening discussion? :p

I see you pointing fingers and pitching good intent, but reality is BANG! POW!

LOOK OUT!

"He's got a GUN! Run for cover!"

Oh ****! Film at 11.

I'm truly numb when it comes to death. It's on the news every night, shows are created around it, I work around dead people at funeral homes, and the news about shooting people up is now common.

I didn't make the news, I just watched it.

jimbo
04-04-2009, 05:35 PM
From a practical standpoint, the horse is out of the barn on guns. If any attempt was made to restrict gun sales, or confiscate guns, then law abiding citizens would not have them but all the crooks would.

If the cops would just shoot more crooks, that would slow down a lot of inner city gun crime! But unless you take away TV and the internet, nothing will stop the loonies who have made news recently.....unless of course the receptionist at those locations had a .38 in the desk drawer!

Dunbar Plumbing
04-04-2009, 06:50 PM
But how do you explain the illiteracy rate in children that go through 12 years of schooling,

and still cannot read or write?

Do you teach about s.e.x., or do you teach about guns? Do you talk about gettin' educated or do you talk about half-co.cked crazies like this guy was, who went to school, had a college education and is faaaaaaaaaaar smarter than me,

and one day just snapped.

There is absolutely no way to stop what the human mind is determined to do, carry out.

That's why people excel to be their best, no matter what the cost, that's why people do bad things, no matter what the cost.

Those two paralells are actually closer than what people will openly admit.

Damn I feel a 5th meal banging at my back door, I'm going to have to complain to Taco Bell, or is it Fecal Bell at this point. :eek:

Scuba_Dave
04-04-2009, 06:59 PM

Ummmm....the "bad" people have kids too
And teach them what they want :(

Cass
04-05-2009, 06:44 AM
With every right or privilege there comes responsibility...it is unfortunate that people are not responsible.

People speed and kill others...people drink and kill others abusing the privilege to drive...some people use language to create a situation where they beat people to death...( the gay guy in Texas and others)...

Politicians abuse their power by being irresponsible, without any ability for the governed to have fast and just recourse...this causes problems that can lead to people dying...

When it comes to Constitutional Rights the only people who have the right to change them are are the Governed...polititions should not abuse their power changing them but they do by slowly eroding the Rights of the People...over time the People feel like they are trapped and powerless...this causes people to snap...

The 1st and 2nd Amendment were placed 1st and 2nd for a reason...because they are the 2 most important, for The People (individuals), in order to retain freedome...and in preventing tyrrany...which we are very very slowly heading for...The boil a frog principle.

The argument as to whether guns are an individual right or not is simple to understand...When reading the Constitution you will see that the only thing granted to government is / are power(s)...Rights are only given to the People (individuals)...the 2nd Amendment is for The People not the government...

When politicians trample on the Peoples Rights (something they swore to uphold and defend) they ultimately are the problem...The Supreme Court liberals who twist and bend the Constitution, as they see it, are also to blame for not preserving the Peoples Rights...

As far as the question goes...Do we need gun control...we have gun controll now...with what I believe is mostly rational laws attempting to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, and people with mental problems...no system will be fool proof and criminals will always ignore the law...any gun control laws enacted should not affect law abiding citizens from exercising their Constitutional Rights...Should the time come where people think the 2nd Ammendment should be changed, then and and only the People have a Right to change it...

Dunbar Plumbing
04-05-2009, 09:13 AM
This sort of thing happens all the time, but there's no rhyme or reason for it to happen, but it does.

http://cbs3.com/national/father.kids.dead.2.976262.html

Read the bottom of that article where CPS and police were called numerous times to that home and there's only so much you can do

by the letter of the law.

Now, if society educated those children, how do you think they would of removed themselves from that situation that day?

No education other than bail out a glass window and run like ****ing hell if you want to live. That's it.

That was done to get back at the wife, especially if it was her kids.

master plumber mark
04-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I totally agree that we need more gun controll...

people NEED to use both hands when pointing a gun at a burguler, if they would simply take
BETTER AIM and kill them dead,

their would not be as many theives clogging up the
prizon system....

I carry a 9mm in my truck and keep an extra
22cal back up with me at all times.....

Cass
04-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Mark...I'm just curious...does Indiana require a permit for concealed carry and do you have one?

Cass
04-05-2009, 11:14 AM
I would like to own one but one that looks like this...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2259/2527589553_6fd27dea9f.jpg?v=0

Costs on the order of about $16,000.00 because they stopped the Mfg. of any new ones a long time ago and the ones that were already made have increased in value.

Scuba_Dave
04-05-2009, 11:16 AM
I like when they say they "sucesfully" apprehended the subject after a gun battle

3 police officers die

To me "sucessful" would have been killing the dirtbag

Dunbar Plumbing
04-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Bullet (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4689402/12531864)RECALL!!!!

Scuba_Dave
04-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Outlaw guns & then the squirrels will take over

http://blog.joehuffman.org/content/binary/SquirrelHunters.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SbGSSRU5LeE/SLHsUvUUTYI/AAAAAAAAA4c/yhxyaBKVE2s/s400/squirrel+army.jpg

http://www.nerdtests.com/picsarea/c7975dc9584871ad81bb16c77587107c.jpg

http://www.thelookmachine.com/weblog/squirrel%20with%20machine%20gun.jpg

master plumber mark
04-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I would like to own one but one that looks like this...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2259/2527589553_6fd27dea9f.jpg?v=0

Costs on the order of about $16,000.00 because they stopped the Mfg. of any new ones a long time ago and the ones that were already made have increased in value.

that would be fun to have...a little full auto stubby

Cass... in Indiana, you need the gun permit, and of course I have one.. and am getting the life time one. soon.

I go into a lot of fun neighborhoods and into a lot of vacant forclosed homes every day.....you must be sure you are alone before doing the work....

someone I work for got robbed and beat up
in a vacant home two summers ago, so I am always alert...

and all you need to have happen to you ONE TIME is get caught down in a dark basement with a couple of total strangers walking in the front door...

ohhhh the rush it gives you. ....its that "trapped like a rat" feeling.....
wondering who has just entered the home... wether it be freind or foe...

this has happenned to me twice ,

So I always carry something in bad situations.....
and its so small its not apparent to anyone.

I think that full auto stubby would be great for the really ,
really bad neighborhoods....

Cookie
04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
One year in my Xmas stocking I found a stun gun. I laughed thinking it was weird and not real. I was going to *test* it on my brother stilll..... thinking it was not real until, by the look on his face, and his fast movements it was REAL...

that is what you need. Only used it once.

Dunbar Plumbing
04-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I just shot my dog's food bowl up.

Sooner or later he's got to learn that you must finish eatin' yer meat before you can have any pudding! :p

Dunbar Plumbing
04-05-2009, 08:31 PM

Found an avatar you can use

If I use it, they'll think I'm ghey.

master plumber mark
04-06-2009, 04:54 PM
One year in my Xmas stocking I found a stun gun. I laughed thinking it was weird and not real. I was going to *test* it on my brother stilll..... thinking it was not real until, by the look on his face, and his fast movements it was REAL...

that is what you need. Only used it once.

Cookie, a stun gun is basically like having hand to hand combat, you got to get very up close and personal with someone,

and they can always slice back at you with their weapon.......

also their is no guarantee that their will only be one of them to deal with...... that is not a good situation to be in with a stun gun.

I just want to be be able to keep someone a good distance away
and defend myself if need be, if it ever got to that level.....

If I am in especially bad neighborhood,
I strap on my very large, very shiney, Nickle plated 9mm with the 13 rounds....
and I make sure it is visible to everyone .......
(also I keep the small one in my pocket)

COOKIE,

In all honesty, the idea is not to kill anyone or look for trouble,,

it is to simply "ward off evil spirits" ... to keep them away..

so I can play another day........

and the big shiney one works very well...

also, I am sorry but your new avatar isnt cutting it......

Redwood
04-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I agree with Mark,
The only gun control needed is being able to hit your target!
A good stance and two hands helps quite a bit.
As does practice.

Now on the other hand I think that we should start a program of "Criminal Control" no more slaps on the wrist, or light sentences for those who have demonstrated that they are too dangerous to be out in society.

Preferably the police can take care of these guys before they are apprehended saving the taxpayers a ton of money...

Redwood
04-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Here in many of our "Pit Cities" we have had 4 generations of parents that have failed to parent. 4 generations of large families every one of the kids with a different baby daddy that none of them have ever met...

The only good meals of the day they get are served at school untill they drop out and start gang bangin in their teens. Usually incarcerated the first time before getting out of their teens....

It's not getting any better.

master plumber mark
04-07-2009, 04:18 AM
It's not getting any better.

In our town and on my street where the business is located, you can notice that the foot traffic has picked up big time, strang looking street people living under the
overpasses, ect.... pushing shopping carts ect...
at the corners by the off ramps for the interstate their are
now always beggers and winos looking for a handout...

the beggars done bother me , but the constant foot traffic in the area keeps me on ejde.

You have to lock your office doors and watch your trucks in your parking lot....

we throw away a water heater in the back alley and its almost fought over by junker guys... it dont last 5 minutes out there..

I usually keep my 22 in my pocket when alone at the office
for various reasons..

I dont ever want to be forced to give a donation,
even though they feel they are entitled to it.....

Cookie
04-07-2009, 04:36 AM
Cookie, a stun gun is basically like having hand to hand combat, you got to get very up close and personal with someone,

and they can always slice back at you with their weapon.......

also their is no guarantee that their will only be one of them to deal with...... that is not a good situation to be in with a stun gun.

I just want to be be able to keep someone a good distance away
and defend myself if need be, if it ever got to that level.....

If I am in especially bad neighborhood,
I strap on my very large, very shiney, Nickle plated 9mm with the 13 rounds....
and I make sure it is visible to everyone .......
(also I keep the small one in my pocket)

COOKIE,

In all honesty, the idea is not to kill anyone or look for trouble,,

it is to simply "ward off evil spirits" ... to keep them away..

so I can play another day........

and the big shiney one works very well...

also, I am sorry but your new avatar isnt cutting it......

Rugged sent me it, and, I laughed my butt off, I think it is quite funny and cute. I put a new one up just for you, LOL, now check it out ,and tell me what you think? I have another one if you don't like that one. :) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_203.gif I should add Mark, I grew up target shooting, both bow & arrow, and pretty much using every kind of a gun short of using, Anzio Annie.

Anzio Annie German K5(E) 280-mm RR Artillery piece

http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/weapons-ww2-allied/anzio-annie5.jpg

Cookie
04-07-2009, 05:20 AM
In our town and on my street where the business is located, you can notice that the foot traffic has picked up big time, strang looking street people living under the
overpasses, ect.... pushing shopping carts ect...
at the corners by the off ramps for the interstate their are
now always beggers and winos looking for a handout...

the beggars done bother me , but the constant foot traffic in the area keeps me on ejde.

You have to lock your office doors and watch your trucks in your parking lot....

we throw away a water heater in the back alley and its almost fought over by junker guys... it dont last 5 minutes out there..

I usually keep my 22 in my pocket when alone at the office
for various reasons..

I dont ever want to be forced to give a donation,
even though they feel they are entitled to it.....

What all human beings should have. We all are only one footstep away from being the next guy.

emĚpaĚthy
NOUN:

Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motive.

Cass
04-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Here is an idea for any woman or man that wants to defend their self but doesn't like guns...are you ready....

A can of wasp and hornet spray

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/022ca699e3952912 (http://www.northlandgardens.com/IMAGES/nursery_images/wasp&hornet-spray.jpg)

It will shoot 20-25 feet and if you spray someone in the face they won't be coming at you long...and if you flick a lighter after spraying them I guarantee they will run the other way....it works great and you can keep several cans in strategic places around the house...

rgsgww
04-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Outlawing guns will not do much. They will just get them illegally.

Redwood
04-07-2009, 07:17 AM
What all human beings should have. We all are only one footstep away from being the next guy.

emĚpaĚthy
NOUN:

Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motive.

The difference is that they just gave up.
It got tough and rather than keep on going in the rat race they climbed off the treadmill and into a box under the overpass.

Cookie
04-07-2009, 07:24 AM
To me, that is a very sad attitude Redwood. You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but I wonder if you ever worked with them?

Redwood
04-07-2009, 09:03 AM
To me, that is a very sad attitude Redwood. You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but I wonder if you ever worked with them?

Better than that, I know a few of them...

In every case it involved it involved a series of bad choices culminating in giving up on themselves.

Most involve drugs and alcohol abuse.
Ending in a pity party in a box under the overpass.

Cookie I know you are going to say addiction is a disease much like the Big C...
Yes, it is a life threatening disease...

But it is the only disease on the face of this earth that the successful treatment of the disease is dependent on the afflicted person deciding to obtain help. I'm not saying there is a 100% cure rate. But without the person deciding to seek help there is no cure. Quite often the help is only as far away as another room in the soup kitchen they went to for a meal or, in another room at the shelter where they went on that cold winter night.

Cookie
04-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I will tell you a little story Red.

I was teaching I think it was third grade then . One little girl named, Anne, told me she wanted me to call her Cookie. I had asked her why? " Do you love Cookies? And, I tickled her. She told me that her dad always calls her Cookie. I told her that my daddy always called me Cookie, too.

The next day this man came in with his daughter, Anne. I looked up from my desk when this little girl said, Cookie, this is my daddy.

I looked up and this man was crying. He said, " do you know me" I looked and looked and I apologized saying that I didn't, but is their anything I can do for you?

He told me, " You already did, I drank your coffee, I ate your turkeys and pies, I wore the clothes you gave me, and you gave me a job, you saved my life, Cookie." Then I knew who he was, he was my friend.

I was driving into our city of a thousand bridges on a winter day when I spotted people huddled together in boxes I couldn't lift my foot from the brake when the light had changed. I knew I had to do something to help ease their pain.

He was living under a bridge in a box.

I started to collect blankets, winter clothes and boots, and take them to the people under the bridge. I became friends with them. I would take them hot coffee in empty milk jugs, Thanksgiving turkeys, the trimmings, a ham, pies, rolls, all kinds of food, all kinds of clothing.

I got to be friends and found some jobs. He was one. He is now a tech in ex-ray at a hospital, he started off being a janitor. One is an teachers assistant at my school: another took a job, as a short order cook and now owns his own small restaurant; one is a LPN, another drives a school bus, all in all, I have over 50 friends, who now either rents, some bought their home.

Anne's dad while sobbing told me, because of me, "he has a wife and a cookie of his own..."

Red, just imagine if everyone cared more to make a difference in people's lives? I usually don't talk about this because I should be humble, but unless, I can tell you this, you might miss the opportunity to help someone in need. I was never afraid under the bridges.

They are human beings with problems. We all need a friend.
OH, I almost forgot he handed me 500 dollars that dayto help others living in a box under a bridge.
We should be ashamed to want to sweep them away, when we have to much and not help. He is giving back. He was so grateful.
I am so glad things worked out for him, and he has a family living in a nice warm home, and his Cookie is the best, he has a great kid.
Imagine, what the world would had lost, if Anne was never born, she has so much to contribute to others. I have her picture in my album, along with her dad.

Be kind, have empathy, it is not a dirty word...

master plumber mark
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
cookie, I like your new Avatar much better.

but it still needs something....

like a beautiful lady sitting next to that shell in a thong bikinni... with long flowing blonde hair ,

with a drink in one hand reaching out to me
with a beautiful smile and an inviteing look on her face....

yes thats it,,,,, the perfect avatar......
now go get to work on it...
-----------------------------------------------------------

Empathy is a good thing....

you are probably right , and honestly we are all really just one 7.0 earth quake away from living in tents this summer just like a lot of people in Italy are doing tonight...

I really do have empathy for those who have had tragic events happen in their lives, and I would not wish troubles like that on a dog.....

what I dont have is pity for the people that have basically fried their brains on drugs, alchol, ect.. and pissed on every opportunity that they ever had in their lives and expect me to feel sorry for them...

and I have done many good deeds before for numerous
employees over the years, and its never ended well..

like paying $500 per semester
for their plumbing classes to become journeymen plumbers
only to see them quit cold turkey in the second semester.,
thats gratitude,,,,
or paying for their medicle benefits , only to see them steal me
blind every chance they could.... thats gratitude....

if you want to hear a really nasty story about my social
attempts and good deeds to help others, ,
send me a private e-mail.,

it cant be repeated here
because its an on-going drama
(that is why I pack that gun)

I suppose the question is
where do you draw the line ??

Where does compassion end and gullibility begin???

Cookie
04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
And, what exactly was wrong with that cute litte avatar of a cat? You need to explain.

You can find pictures anywhere on the net of women OR men, wearing throngs, I can easily change your avatar into one for you if you want Mark.

Just let me know.

Tell us of your good deeds, you don't need to tell me privately. It might make some people rethink their opinions of people, more than just down on their luck. To inspire is a good thing...............................

But there are people who just won't ever learn not to judge so harshly, or be so opinionated. For they were just born mean.

If you got kids, what kind of a world do you want your kids live in and someday raise their kids in? How would you feel if your own kids become in dire straights, or develop an addition to something? Or became a piss poor employee? What would you do and who would you blame?

This should be interesting.

Do you really think you were the only person who ever got burned or bruised in life? For trying to help another? Don't you realize if 100 people took your money and ran that doesn't mean they will be the last but, their will be in your life time, hundreds, or even thousands who won't. That is life, Mark.

master plumber mark
04-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Cookie....why would you want to change my avatar??

I just was giveing you some ideas. on what I thought would
be a neat one... .....please dont take it personal.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway...back on the subject of Empathy......

like the old song goes...

Everyone plays the fool, their is no exception to the rule...

You must learn from your mistakes,

forgive others and dont be bitter about them....

thats about all that really can be done....just forgive.....

now going out and makeing the same mistakes over and over again

their is an old saying about that too

fool me once, shame on you ,
fool me twice.....shame on me....

I really cant mention what presently is going on
with one of my failed social experiments.

emapthy backfired on me big time.
and its not over.

if you really want the story, just e-mail me in private.

take care

Cookie
04-08-2009, 03:36 AM
You completely lost me on all accounts.

Cass
04-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Here is some gun control for ya...Our Irish president, O'Bama, went to visit a Muslim Mosk and removed his shoes in respect in order to tour the mosk...He then said that while we were a Nation of Christians, Jews, and Muslims we were not a Christian Nation...but a Nation of Citizens... This sounds like a statement right out of Communist China...I guess O'Bama knows nothing about the country being founded by Christians...

O'Bama then was supposed to go meet with the French President and tour the beaches of Normandy where enemy guns ended the lives of countless numbers of Americans who gave their lives to free Europe...he decided not to go...I guess he didn't want to seem like a hypocrite because he had just spent many days apologizing to Europe for how bad America has been in the world and how we will now have to be a better nation...He had time for the Mosk but not for the men that gave their lives that we, and may in the World, might be free...

I fear he is dragging this Nation into Marksism...My Children's children may never know the what the real USA once was....We may be witnessing the down fall of the Greatest Nation On Earth right before our very eyes...

One thing Man never learns from History....is that Man never learns from History...

The Jews in Germany saw what was coming but didn't think it was really what they thought...when they finally woke up it was to late...

Wake up America.....before it is to late...

master plumber mark
04-08-2009, 04:52 AM
You completely lost me on all accounts.

I am sorry that I lost you on all accounts....

We are just different types of people,
and I think you probably know what I mean,

I just cant give till it hurts and bleeds......

I can only feel sorry for others to a point,
that is just the mean nasty cold German in me...

after a certain point of helping others, their can come a a point
where you are looked at as a gullible fool with rose colored glasses on
an easy mark, to be preyed upon........

that is what I try to guard against...
knowing when to help and when to stay clear

that is what I was trying to convey to you.

I feel that you can be blinded by empathy if taken
to the extreme.....you cant help the whole of humanity
every day..... or you will have bread lines out your front door..

cookie...
also If you put up that new avatar,
I promise that I will put up a new one too...

Peanut9199
04-08-2009, 01:37 PM
but a Nation of Citizens... This sounds like a statement right out of Communist China...I guess O'Bama knows nothing about the country being founded by Christians...

It's sad, what i most liked about America is when you asked someone what nationalility they were they would proudly say "American".
I thought that was great because when you ask someone here they say "Italian" or "Polish" but hey live in Canada.

I guess from now on they should say "Christian-American" or "Jewish-American" so you can tell the difference.

master plumber mark
04-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I am not going to stir up this pot too much..

When you get religion and patroitism mixed in together
things can get a little squrilley... that is how things go crazy.

I think we are a natioin of many religions and ethnic backgrounds.
and I think that is good..and that is what makes us great..

that is why everyone came over here to get away from persecution...

Now, If you want a lively debate

go ahead and Ask a Native American Indian what he
thinks of us all being a "Christian nation" sometime....

I think their responce probably would suprise you....

Cookie
04-08-2009, 03:11 PM
It's sad, what i most liked about America is when you asked someone what nationality they were they would proudly say "American".
I thought that was great because when you ask someone here they say "Italian" or "Polish" but hey live in Canada.

I guess from now on they should say "Christian-American" or "Jewish-American" so you can tell the difference.

Huh? Our nation was founded on Christianity, it just is. It is also a melting pot of peoples. Bone up on our country and you will see. Read about our history. I will even my hand on the bible and swear to it.

Cookie
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I am not going to stir up this pot too much..

When you get religion and patroitism mixed in together
things can get a little squrilley... that is how things go crazy.

I think we are a natioin of many religions and ethnic backgrounds.
and I think that is good..and that is what makes us great..

that is why everyone came over here to get away from persecution...

Now, If you want a lively debate

go ahead and Ask a Native American Indian what he
thinks of us all being a "Christian nation" sometime....

I think their responce probably would suprise you....

I can safely assume you looked at my album. lol.

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Americans need guns because most (present company excepted) are a bunch of wimps. In England we love a fight so we use our fists. Why spoil it by cheating?

Did anyone notice the recent G20 demonstrations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AazSZj86A-c)in London recently? There our police just used sticks and their fists.

If that had happened here, your lot would have their guns out, their helmets on and their shields at the ready. People would have died.

Jesus Christ will save my life, but I can always use the knife.

So yes BAN GUNS. They are for pansies. Let's have a fair fight whether it be with crooks or the bear you're trying to track down.

The second amendment was written in a time when it took time to load a pistol and it would probably miss anyway. By that time the British would have hit you. Don't forget that.

Nothing beats the feel of a cosh, and it's a lot more personal. Plus there's no hard feelings. http://www.coracle-fishing.net/coracle-nets/cosh-2ax.jpg

Scuba_Dave
04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Too many guns & the criminals do not need them to be legal to gt them. Pandora opened the box, can't be shut now

Cass
04-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Guns keep America free and keep Tyranny at bay ( it also sent the English packing and don't forget that Ian)...That is why it there...no other reason

PS why would I want to fight the hard way...

cwhyu2
04-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Americans need guns because most (present company excepted) are a bunch of wimps. In England we love a fight so we use our fists. Why spoil it by cheating?

Did anyone notice the recent G20 demonstrations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AazSZj86A-c)in London recently? There our police just used sticks and their fists.

If that had happened here, your lot would have their guns out, their helmets on and their shields at the ready. People would have died.

Jesus Christ will save my life, but I can always use the knife.

So yes BAN GUNS. They are for pansies. Let's have a fair fight whether it be with crooks or the bear you're trying to track down.

The second amendment was written in a time when it took time to load a pistol and it would probably miss anyway. By that time the British would have hit you. Don't forget that.

Nothing beats the feel of a cosh, and it's a lot more personal. Plus there's no hard feelings. http://www.coracle-fishing.net/coracle-nets/cosh-2ax.jpg

But the british did miss,check the history books!

Dunbar Plumbing
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm gonna start beating the **** out of people with leg bones.

See them stop THAT!

Redwood
04-08-2009, 06:26 PM
It's hard to believe the well trained troops of the king could have been run out of town by a rag tag army of country boys who could pick a gnat of a rats azz at a 100 yards with one of these...

http://www.neaca.com/images/3_Kentucky_rifles_1_.JPG

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I take back everything I said. After the encounter I have just had with a crazy salesman at my house I wish I had a gun. No karma comments please or what goes around comes around.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28031

It's not about the fight any more, it's about putting the poor sods down the humane way. Like a vet with a sick dog.

Cass
04-08-2009, 06:36 PM
What did they want...about $800.00 or more

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Try 4000-5000 for five basement windows. Two hours of speech. Refusing to go when I asked him to. Swearing as I told him he could not use my phone to contact the office because he had a cell phone in his hand. More swearing that I had wasted his time. Scared the wife. And then sat outside in his car in the dark (9pm) for 15 minutes. Yes I called the police. You would have used the glock.

With gun control I feel hurt. Without it, he'd be.

Redwood
04-08-2009, 06:48 PM
I would have used one of these...
I don't like small diameter bullets...

http://www.thunderbeartactical.com/D1911L.JPG

Cass
04-08-2009, 06:51 PM
" I never knew a dame that didn't understand a slap in da mouth...or a slug from a .45"

http://yts.video.search.yahoo.com/image/237b0401

Redwood
04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Holy Cow you could put your finger inside that barrel... LOL

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I would have preferred a round number for this incident.

http://billstclair.com/blog/images/sw500-4inch.jpg

I wish my basement metal windows post.

SewerRatz
04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I used to own one of these till the transmission on the now x-wifes car went out. Sold it back to the dealer to pay for a rebuilt transmission.

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/actguns/desert_eagle_10inch.jpg

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I used to own one of these till the transmission on the now x-wifes car went out.

How many people read until this point and thought SewerRatz did his wife in? Now "ex" wife eh? 6 feet under?

He must have needed to bury the weapon!

SewerRatz
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM
How many people read until this point and thought SewerRatz did his ex in, no doubt for ruining the transmission on his beloved car?

He must have needed to bury the weapon!

COme on now my name is not Drew Peterson and I was never a Bolingbrook cop.

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Sorry SewerRatz but if she is "now" your "x-wife" we have to ask "why?"

Only a plumber would wear a shirt like that:

http://christopherhedges.com/life/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/drew-peterson-stacy-peterson.jpg

master plumber mark
04-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I dont care how big the gun is

a gun really does not need to be big,
it just has to be handy......

I like my SS Beretta Bobcat....
half the time I forget that I have it
in my pocket.....

I suppose if I point it at someone they will
realize things could get ugly real quick...

so it brings up that age old question
does size really matter???

http://www.snipercountrypx.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/J212104.jpg

SewerRatz
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Her and my daughter never got along. She never cleaned, cooked or did laundry. Never got a job, just wanted to hang out with her friends. One day I left for work at 6:30 am I realized I forgot my cell phone I went back into the house to my at the time wife throwing a hunny bun at my 6 year old daughter and yelling "Here eat your damn breakfast" I used to get calls from my daughter while I was on a job with her begging me to come save her that her mom is trying to beat her to death, and in the back ground I heard her banging on the door telling my daughter if she doesn't open the door she can take her out of this world as quick as she brought her in.

Over the years I thought I can teach the wife how to be a mother, but I was wrong so when my daughter was 11 I got a divorce and ended up with full custody of my daughter. My daughter is turning 18 on the 11th.. shesh talk about hard work raising a girl on your own. Oh my daughter does not want anything to do with her mother. Plus the mother does not call for months at a time. Yea she was a piece of work.

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM

I think we all know where master plumber mark is coming from. Do you dress up at the weekends mark?

http://fancydressheaven.co.uk/bmz_cache/b/beeb7a4c1712a94bc1d67c59668612bd.image.300x450.jpg

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hear about all that SewerRatz. But well done on getting full custody. Where I come from it is hard for a dad to get that.

On a lighter note, you were perhaps too generous.

She never cleaned, cooked or did laundry.

I'd use any one of those as a grounds for divorce!

SewerRatz
04-08-2009, 07:34 PM

in my pocket.....

I have a Beretta 32 Cal Tom cat as well. Also a Ruger sp101 short barral, and a Tarus 40 cal with laser site and a Walther p99. Had a H&K p9, p7m8 and a p7m10 also had a Colt AR15, a Benillie m1 super 90 oh and had a H&K HK 93

Ian Gills
04-08-2009, 07:37 PM
I do not own a gun nor ever have. I have only ever seen in person one gun owned by someone that was not a police officer in the 34 years of my existence. That was the only gun I ever held and that was only once. And I now live in the US. Stange. You guys must keep these shooters hidden away.

Where would I go to see people with guns?

SewerRatz
04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I do not own a gun nor ever have. I have only ever seen in person one gun owned by someone that was not a police officer in the 34 years of my existence. That was the only gun I ever held and that was only once. And I now live in the US. Stange. You guys must keep these shooters held away.

If you are ever in Chicago give me a call we can head to the range and through some hot lead at pieces of paper. Or if it is nice outside we can head to the outdoor range they have a huge pit that is full of junk that you can shoot at.

Redwood
04-08-2009, 08:23 PM

in my pocket.....

IMHO Size Matters...
I know some people that if you shot them with a .32 or less would come after you, take your gun away and beat you to death...

Get hit with one of these nobody is getting up...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/01/45caliberACP.jpg/300px-45caliberACP.jpg

cwhyu2
04-09-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm gonna start beating the **** out of people with leg bones.

See them stop THAT!

Now we can go back to the cave man days!

master plumber mark
04-09-2009, 03:58 AM
I think we all know where master plumber mark is coming from. Do you dress up at the weekends mark?

http://fancydressheaven.co.uk/bmz_cache/b/beeb7a4c1712a94bc1d67c59668612bd.image.300x450.jpg

Oh, we had to go there...... whatever....

again I like the small one that can fit in my back pocket ....and cant be seen....

I dont like dragging around the extra weight while I am working, and carrying one of those "hog legs"
is like having a 14 inch rigid wrench stuck out your
pocket all day long...

I am not too worried about the damage done by
the gun, cause I know from history it can do quite a bit of damage

Ronald Regan, Jim Brady and 2 Secret service agents were all
shot with one by a nut sometime back in the early 80s..
they did not look to happy

if you have ever had a gun pointed at you
you generally dont consider the caliber it is., you
just dont want to be shot full of holes........

again the idea is gun control....
you are supposed to hit your target...

Cookie
04-09-2009, 05:38 AM
I do not own a gun nor ever have. I have only ever seen in person one gun owned by someone that was not a police officer in the 34 years of my existence. That was the only gun I ever held and that was only once. And I now live in the US. Stange. You guys must keep these shooters hidden away.

Prison, do you have those?

Cookie
04-09-2009, 05:48 AM

Only a plumber would wear a shirt like that:

http://christopherhedges.com/life/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/drew-peterson-stacy-peterson.jpg

Iam, Is this you and your daughter? She is what about 19?

Cookie
04-09-2009, 05:50 AM

I read an article where the Queen carries one of those guns on her leg there, too.

Cookie
04-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Sorry to hear about all that SewerRatz. But well done on getting full custody. Where I come from it is hard for a dad to get that.

On a lighter note, you were perhaps too generous. She never cooked, cleaned or did laundry.

I'd use any one of those as a grounds for divorce!

Has anyone ever seen this show?? Wow, you must have alot of divorces over there Iam... it looks like NO ONE cleans.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/100/quiz.jsp But, the 1 woman is neat, Angie ,reminds me of me I like her, the blonde is kind of slutty don't you think? She flirts heavily with men or boys rather half her age! YUK. Maybe that is why you don't seem to respect women, do you have alot of loose women there? ?

http://www.bbcamerica.com/media/100/how_clean_small.jpg

Scuba_Dave
04-09-2009, 06:15 AM
It's hard to believe the well trained troops of the king could have been run out of town by a rag tag army of country boys who could pick a gnat of a rats azz at a 100 yards with one of these...

http://www.neaca.com/images/3_Kentucky_rifles_1_.JPG

As kids we used to sit at a pond & pick off wasps on the far side of the pond w/BB/pellet guns. It was maybe 30 yards, but we were pretty good shots by the time we were done.
In middle schoole we actually had a gun range IN school
I came in 2nd place standing shooting - .22's

Cookie
04-09-2009, 06:24 AM
I like to target shoot too Dave, I was in tournaments at a gun club for 21 years, I quit when my husband died, it just wasn't any fun without him. He used to get a kick out of his wife winning them even beating the cops out. :p He liked to show me off like his trophy and I got a kick out of it all. :) I can shoot like Annie Oakley my dad taught me.

Cookie
04-09-2009, 06:41 AM
But why does that matter? It doesn't because you can't stop them before it happens. You can't fix people, and that's how it goes.

This guy lost his job, like millions of others, doesn't like Obama and his gun control, and he went all postal on people that didn't deserve to die.

It's now the "I'm sorry" for what I've done, he'll do time and the next death or deaths are soon to come.

You figure out how to solve the next killing before it happens and everyone in sociology will be called slackers for not fixing this problem sooner.

Please do not say community educational programs because the government is interested in business organizations that create incomes, not fix bad people in this world that we cannot repair. That's one way spending and those don't equate to dollars building the empire.

Rugged, I can't believe you said that, "why does that matter?" I find it hard to explain to you because it is so obvious why.

You might not stop that one particular person, but their will be others after him, those are the ones you can stop by studying the ones before. That is the best I do Rugged.

Ian Gills
04-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Has anyone ever seen this show?? Wow, you must have alot of divorces over there Iam... it looks like NO ONE cleans.

I know that show very well Cookie. They are bringing it over here and you should see the filfth they are finding in American homes.

DISGUSTING.

And I do respect women. I am just very socially conservative but extremely fiscally liberal... (wash the dishes and I'll buy you a sports car).

Cookie
04-09-2009, 07:16 AM
I saw the ones they are doing here and sorry mate, nothing like they found in your land. My dad told me about England when he fought for London in WW11.

Well, I had to delete a remark of yours when you said, " Cookie's Oven" can you explain to me please, how that was respectful? You are always putting Amercians down want to explain why on that too?

No one here ever even remotely in anyway ever even came close to insulting you or your country.

Do you want women to be barefoot and pregnant only, plus hold down a job, eh. You got a low opinion of yanks and want to explain that too?

Ian Gills
04-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Cookie. Do not take it so personally. The cookie quote was supposed to be a play on words...cookie...oven...get it?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2001/2372439276_141d2a9f73.jpg

We all get as good as we give on this forum. And as long as no-one takes it too far, I like to think we can have fun while also learning a thing or two along the way.

You poke fun at me and my country and I poke fun at living in yours. Remember you did throw our tea in your harbor and the whole reason why this post exists is because of our unhappy departure from this great country. Ask George Washington.

Heck we even throw in a few gun jokes for good measure.

It's all in a days work. But most of us laugh.

Cookie
04-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I don't poke fun at your country, I only DID NOW to try to make you know how it feels. OBVIOUSLY you only can give it out. See how you defended yourself, that we are even dirtier?? Why didn't you laugh Ian?

No one likes it when you get down on America, we are proud of our country and you have no right, you are never funny in doing so. Lets see you put down your own country, you speak like yours is so ever perfect, that you had to leave it.

Do not refer to me as, Cookie's Oven, it is rude. It has nothing to do with baking cookies.

I laugh when something is funny, so far, I never once laughed at anything you ever wrote.

Good luck with your windows, put glass block in and go to a real place of business.

Ian Gills
04-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Ouch. :eek:

Like I say, I get as good as I give.

Scuba_Dave
04-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Reminds me of a joke, an Amercian & a Russian are sitting down & discussing politics & leaders (pre-wall down)

The American is proud of his country & freedom
"We have freedom, we can say what we want - Freedom of speech is guaranteed!! We make fun of our President & politicians without fearing prison or death. Can you do that?" he asks of the Russian

"Of course replies the Russian, we make fun of your President & politicians all the time without fear of prison or death!! " :D

Terry
04-09-2009, 09:03 AM
like to target shoot too Dave, I was in tournaments at a gun club for 21 years, I quit when my husband died, it just wasn't any fun without him. He used to get a kick out of his wife winning them even beating the cops out. :p He liked to show me off like his trophy and I got a kick out of it all. :) I can shoot like Annie Oakley my dad taught me. Cookie

Cookie,
My daugher Amy is pretty good too. We shot a bit at the Ranch.
She has those steady arms and can pinpoint the shots.

That would be funny watching you beat those cops with a gun.

One funny story my brother tells is shooting cans with a cop wanna be.
His frend did become one later on.
My brother had been to Viet Nam, and knew guns.
His friend couldn't hit any cans. Finally he walke up to the can and made a comment like "Make my day!"
He missed from five feet away.
He almost started crying.

Cookie
04-09-2009, 09:19 AM
It must be a teacher thing. :)

Terry, Years ago just to see if I could pass I had taken a test to be a cop. I was sitting behind a martial along with hundreds of other people in the Civic arena. They would flick pictures really fast and then we had to remember who was who, and what they were wearing, what they looked like etc, that is mostly what I can remember of the test. It was about 4 hours long.

I was tickled pick when I scored a 98 percent! I was called in for employment but I didn't go. Vets were even given and extra 10 points and I still scored higher. I guess it is from all that boy watching growing up. :D

The cops were pretty good sports, I got to admit that, for being beaten out by a girl. I told them, if they ever have a shoot out, call. :p

Your brother Terry which branch?

Terry
04-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Army
He was working on the radio communications.
He would send home tapes, you could hear the rockets landing near his location.
He got a bit hard of hearing afterwards, too much shooting without ear protection.

Dunbar Plumbing
04-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Here's the real reason why those 3 PA cops died; the idiot 911 operator didn't tell the officers that he was heavily armed. Call that open range shooting and will the operater be disciplined? Hardly.

Like it always goes; nothing is getting accomplished, just expect another killing in 4,3,2,....

Cookie
04-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Check this out Terry,

http://www.teapartyday.com/

What do you think?

Terry
04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm glad you two have smoked the peace pipe.

Say, what is in peace pipes?
I was always curious about that.

And why does it create peace.

I know what Tequila does, you two should "not" be sitting down and having Tequila. I'm voting against that right now.

Cookie
04-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Since he now realizes I am ok with smoking a peacepipe. But, wait, I don't smoke! and, I only drink wine and even then it is very limited, so Terry will coffee work? :) Money always works, too. :p

Terry
04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Money, yes money works too?
But who pays who?

Wait, we can tax the posts here, collect the money, and get banana splits.

But if the ice cream gets on the keys, then what?
Maybe not a good idea.

I had tea yesterday. I was feeling very Chinese, somehow not English,
Though I must be some English with a name like Love.

It's funny how much trouble locations make,
You are an Earthling.
Then a member of a country, a state, a part of the state, a region in the part of the state, a county, and city, maybe a city or two, but maybe not the right neighbor hood or even street. Jeez.
And all because we can think of what separates us, instead of what unifies us.

Terry
04-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I have a pump pellet gun. Does that count for anything?

http://www.daisy.com/shopping/skin1/graphics/sectionheader_winchester.gif

http://www.daisy.com/index.html

Cass
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Here is an assault revolver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsLx5ISBXw4

Redwood
04-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Here is an assault revolver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsLx5ISBXw4

Damn!:eek:
Who needs semi-automatic?

Years ago my dad who was a local police oficer came across a deal on a Colt 1911 .45 Cal. Pistol which he got for me...

Before giving it to me dad insisted that we go to the police range so he could go over proper gun handling techniques.

Bear in mind that I had just gotten out of the service about a year earlier and had been stationed in Idaho which at the time was a place where you could walk into the local bank with a pistol strapped on and it wouldn't even raise an eyebrow...

We had both sports there...
Hunting and fishing...

My landlord who I really never paid rent to...
(he was a realtor that supplied endless side jobs, some cash, some free rent, some barter, always a great deal)
Owned a pawn shop and collected many guns from it.
Any time I wanted I could borrow (for forever if I wanted to) anything in his collection at home or that was for sale in the store.

I did a little bit of shooting!

Anvway back to dad's teaching me how to shoot...

He pulls out his service revolver a Smith and Wesson Model 19 .357 Magnum demonstrates a stance and squeezes the trigger painfully slow and fires a round. We were shooting at a Silhouette Law Enforcement Target and he winged the perp in the shoulder right in the 7 ring...

http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/pics/B27.gif

He then turns to me and says, "Do you think you can do that..."

I say, "I don't know dad... I'll give it a try..."

I slowly got into position, looking over to him as if to say, "Am I doing this right."

Then I started rapidly firing the Colt. Every time it lined up on the target after a recoil I fired another round. I emptied the first clip, ejected it on the ground grabbed a second clip had in my pocket reloaded, emptied the second clip, reloaded with a third clip and emptied that too all in a few seconds...:eek:

We pulled the target back and as we were doing that he was telling me how I should have shot slower and aimed better...

We got the target back and there was not a single hole in it less than the 9 ring except the one I put in the forehead. That was the first shot that I took my time on...:D

He muttered something about me being a wise a....

We spent the rest of the day getting dad some lessons.
He got a little faster and more accurate...
Good thing we were in a small town and his shooting skills were never needed...

Redwood
04-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm glad you two have smoked the peace pipe.

Say, what is in peace pipes?
I was always curious about that.

And why does it create peace.

I know what Tequila does, you two should "not" be sitting down and having Tequila. I'm voting against that right now.

I know what tequila does too...
Check out this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0254u56Mc

I figured out why everyone is so weirded out today...

http://media.skyandtelescope.com/images/FullMoonSeronik_m.jpg

Scuba_Dave
04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah, as a kid we came up to visit my cousins on the farm
They brought us out to a sand pit/backstop to show us how to shoot.
My uncle loaded the gun & showed us how to shoot
He knocked off about 3/4 of the cans he shot at
My turn
I only missed one :D
He wanted to know where a city kid learned to shoot
In school!!

Terry
04-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Check this Tequila video from Seattle's The Ventures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBLHTq390k&NR=1

Redwood
04-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Check this Tequila video from Seattle's The Ventures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBLHTq390k&NR=1

Wow that was a blast from the past...

Sure heard a lot of their stuff over the years...
Like every time Hawaii 5-O was on...
Wipeout
Pipeline
Surf Rider
Walk Don't Run
Surf On
Blue Dawn
Diamond Head

Thanks Terry!
I had forgotten that great guitar playing...
I guess I've got some downloading to do...:D

Dunbar Plumbing
04-12-2009, 05:14 PM
60 Minutes did a very interesting take on this gun increase.

30% rise in sales.

65 democrats for the NRA <<< !!!!

Basically this would all but drown out any idea of gun control coming back.

Perfect example they mentioned:

Virginia tech shootings? They tried to pass a law in Virginia that would close loopholes in gun sales.....and it FAILED.

That's pretty substantial given that 30 some people died in that college campus shooting.

The attitude was this: If just one, one college student had a gun, this guy could of been taken out, because as soon as he knew a gunfight was going to ensue with the police, he killed himself.

Same with the guy in New York. Both killed themselves when a gun was coming into play.

Excerpts of this article I hope to get on here; I don't think they'll put the whole thing up.

Peanut9199
04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Wow that was a blast from the past...

Sure heard a lot of their stuff over the years...
Like every time Hawaii 5-O was on...
Wipeout
Pipeline
Surf Rider
Walk Don't Run
Surf On
Blue Dawn
Diamond Head

Thanks Terry!
I had forgotten that great guitar playing...
I guess I've got some downloading to do...:D

Two of the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWw55XhTehg

Cookie
04-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Something to read over a cup of coffee
http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2009/04/08/28columbine_ep.h28.html?tkn=TL[FlH7VcDghiukItdR9M4If%2F0LyuNvpQYu7

jnaas2
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
I think the best thing we could do is come up with some sort of GOVERMENT control. You know what IM talking about, Instead of waiting for them to be impeached when they do something totally illegal, just have a quick vote by the people not there fellow cronies and throw them out on the street

Scuba_Dave
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
I have very good gun control
I hit what I shoot at :D

Redwood
04-16-2009, 07:01 PM
I have very good gun control
I hit what I shoot at :D

That is good gun control...:D

Redwood
04-17-2009, 07:52 AM
A freind of mine retired Navy...
Currently working in supply at an airbase in Afganistan...
Bagram I think...
Sent me the latest Navy Inspirational Poster...
I'd say it's gun control...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/Redwood39/usnavy1.jpg

stevep111
04-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. If you take the guns then the killers will replace them with swords or pipes knives or bats or what ever they can get their hands on. If they did away with guns then machine shops in peoples basements woud pop up and they would begin to manufacture all the guns and ammo they want. If you don't believe me just check out Afganastan. Well over 90% of the guns and ammo they have are locally made. They have been reverse engineering guns and ammo for years. Necessity is the mother of all invention.

We don't need gun control we need people control. You can't even say somene is nuts these days for fear of getting sued. Even if you could no one wants to get involved. A very large part of gun violence is from crazy people. Do something about them and the gun problem will go away.

Have you also noticed that all of the pictures of guns that have been taken by the Mexican authorities show guns that are not even sold in America?

Cass
04-17-2009, 10:32 AM
If you hear that 90% of the guns used in Mexico drug crime came from the U.S. here is the truth...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/02/myth-percent-guns-mexico-fraction-number-claimed/

stevep111
04-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Almost all of the guns that are in the hands of the Drug Lords that are actually from the U.S. were sold to the Mexican army by the U.S. Government and then the Mexican Government allowed them to be either stolen or sold to the very people who are using them. Most of the other guns come from either China or Russia.