below grade bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

getjigee

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.............new to this so bear with me...
I am building a garage.....the foundation is poured and the cynder block walls are in place.....next step is to pour the slab.....but before i do this I would like to install all the plumbing for a bathroom.....here is the problem.......My garage is almost 60ft away from the house where i have to tie into the sewer and is about 6 to 7ft below the house.....How can i send the waste uphill that far...................Thanks for all your help in advance
Frank
Did a rough drawing very rough) of how the house and the garage are situated in conjunction with the street and the homes sewer lines.

wont let me upload drawing

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Before you get to pumping anything (which may be necessary), do you know where your sewer lines actually run? Is it possible they are below the new garage? Sometimes they are quite deep, and you could just use gravity, which won't fail when the power goes off.

There's more than one way to do this, but it depends on what you want, and where things are.

getjigee

Reaction score
I don't think there is any sewer lines running below the garage......the layout of my lot is pie shape and i have chosen the far back corner of the lot for my garage. The main sewer from my house is about 50 or 60 ft from the front and almost 90 ft from the back of the garage. the only thing that is there now is the blocks and the crushed gravel. Also there was a loft going in above the garage.......will that effect how and what I use to get the waste from the garage back to the house?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First thing you need to do is decide how many and what kind of things you need, then look for compatible systems. The Saniflo toilet solution can pump some stuff, but maybe not as far and as much as you wish to include. If you call the utility company (sewer), they may be able to tell you how deep the sewer lines are. Then, you can figure out if a pump is needed at all. What I was getting at earlier is that instead of going to the house with a pump, then gravity to the sewer by the street, you may be able to just make a new connection at the street or around front of the house if it is deep enough. Gravity is good, it doesn't fail during a storm or need maintenance.

You may need an ejector pit and pump. It needs to be sized for your expected use, distance, and height. The Saniflo contains all of that in one small box. A conventional system would allow you to make it look 'normal', without the exposed plumbing and restrictions on what you can put down it.

getjigee

Reaction score
First off I want to thank everyone for you help.........some great ideas.....also want to thank Terry`s for telling me the picture i was downloading was to big......................Duh....i feel a bit stupid.
Anyway here is the drawing of the garage and the location of the house ...hope it helps a bit more
Thanks to all

Attachments

• garage layout 3.jpg
    garage layout 3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks