View Full Version : Big Problem / 50,000 Homes

Cass
03-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Tainted drywall from China...

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/story/1314478.html

This is a nation wide problem...

FloridaOrange
03-24-2009, 06:43 AM
It's been running in the papers down here for a few weeks. There are a couple of bigger (they may not be so big now) home builders who inadvertantly sourced this stuff who are looking into it, Lennar Homes and Engle Homes.

Here's a link to news stories which are local to me: http://www.nbc-2.com/SearchResults-site.shtml?name=chinese&city=swfl&N=chinese

Dunbar Plumbing
03-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Somebody find me one of these houses to buy so I can move in and 3 days later start shakin' and convulsing, losing control of my body functions while walking down the sidewalk so I collect big.

Oh wait,

I do that already when I don't get my morning caffeine. Whooops! :p

Looks to me that they suffer from a broken home (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkqOf94mr-w).

FloridaOrange
03-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Somebody find me one of these houses to buy so I can move in and 3 days later start shakin' and convulsing, losing control of my body functions while walking down the sidewalk so I collect big.

Aside from possible medical issues which may be a case of hypocondria (my wife's family is full of them) the big deal that I see is equipment damage. Some people have had their air handlers replaced after only 3 years because the sulfur released from the drywall is eating their coils.

Redwood
03-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Isn't this global economy a wonderful thing?

master plumber mark
03-27-2009, 07:02 AM
this global economy is just great...

IBM is now cutting 5,000 jobs in the USA and
sending them to India......

and china cant even get the slave labor in the prison camps over there to make a decent sheet of drywall...

I tell you redwood, its all going to hell in a hand basket.

as long as a stock price on the big board on wall street is going up, its a beautiful world.....

anything you do to keep that stock price riseing is ok so they can cash in on their options
and get their year end million dollar bonus.....

I think the politicians of this country have sold our souls to the devil....

and its name is ..........greed.......

Dunbar Plumbing
03-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I can't breathe

(busts hole in drywall)

Oh no, I got some, nevermind the doctor, I need a lawyer! :cool:

hj
03-29-2009, 12:24 PM
quote: think the politicians of this country have sold our souls to the devil....and its name is ..........greed.......

Where have you been the last 50 years? They did not sell their souls to the Devil. He and his minions became politicians decades ago and greed has been the only reason they keep running for office. Of course they also had to have their stooges Complacency, Stupidity, and Lobbyist vote for them.

master plumber mark
03-29-2009, 12:58 PM
quote: think the politicians of this country have sold our souls to the devil....and its name is ..........greed.......

Where have you been the last 50 years? They did not sell their souls to the Devil. He and his minions became politicians decades ago and greed has been the only reason they keep running for office. Of course they also had to have their stooges Complacency, Stupidity, and Lobbyist vote for them.

Yes you are right,

I completely forgot about the Clintons,