New construction bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

lnz0916

Reaction score
I am looking into closing a three sided patio (one side is the garage the other two are the house) and making it into a bath. The question is if three wall are existing interior walls and the NEW wall is exterior, will I and/or should I put a VB on ALL wall to seal / enclose the new bath from the rest of the house. ALSO...if i do should the NEW exterior wall , on the out side, have a VB to protect it from the rain and such...
THANKS

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Add a vapor barrier on the new exterior wall, don't worry about the (now) interior walls except if it is sharing a wall with the shower, then standard shower construction techniques call for a barrier in the wall common to the shower.
If a shower ends up being where there already is a barrier, then you need to be careful that the building materials aren't sandwiched between barriers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks