Odd Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

gss01

Reaction score
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36070636@N07/

I posted a thread a few weeks ago about this sink, but never heard from anyone that had really seen anything like this, let alone how to add a drain to it. We're trying to use this as a bathroom lavatory, but again, don't know how to connect a p-trap to it. Someone suggested a spud fitting, but i don't know if that would do it. Has anyone had any experience with anything similar. Thanks.

I added comments to each picture hoping i could better clarify what's going on. My last thread was not very informative and hopefully I'll ge tbetter success with this thread.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We have a couple of plumbers on the forum who have been in the business 50++ years. We will have to wait until they wake up, to see if they know how to connect a drain to this!

gss01

Reaction score
i bought a new galvanized wall mounting bracket that will work just fine. I already reinforced the wall where the sink will be mounted.

There is a date stamped into the porcelain that I believe may read Feb 11, 1954, so I am sure it is old, but I can't believe I haven't been able to find any information on this sink at all. As vast as the internet is, there is just nothing like it at all.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That is correct you need a spud fitting...
See the picture below.

6371132.jpg

The nut tightens, pulling the wedge up into the rubber gasket.
The expanding force locks it in place without leaks.

The drain then gets secured to the exposed threads.

The threads will have to be either 1 1/4" or, 1 1/2" whatever spud fits the sink.

More than likely 1 1/4"

Last edited by a moderator:

gss01

Reaction score
so, according to the picture above, the top of that picture will be the bottom where i connect the trap and the bottom of the picure goes up into the drain hole itself, right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks