Delta 2348 anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chessiec

Reaction score
So in trying to figure out the best solution to replace an 8" spread, two handle tub shower faucet, I found some old ads on the web for the Delta 2348, which is a thermostatic valve with the two handles fitting right into the 8" spread of an old-style set up.

There's a Danze that does the same thing (D500155), but I don't like the looks that much, and have seen that some here don't like Danze.

The Delta is discontinued, and my web search doesn't find any in chrome. I don't need the shower arm/head, and could buy the diverter spout separately. So is it possible to get the valve body and handle trim as replacement parts?

Anyone have any ideas on finding this in some nook or cranny?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I have some of them

I have a couple of those tub facuets in my office...

I have never cared for that style
so they have sat on the shelf for about 9 years ....

I have it in chrome and polished brass

name your poison.....

personally I would put in a normal Sayco tub faucet
that is not anti scald and live happily ever after

Chessiec

Reaction score
Talked to Delta service rep, who said the valve cartridges were no longer made for this faucet, that it was not ceramic, and that the stainless plate and rubber seat could be expected to last for 5-10 years. Wooh! Seems like a more durable solution would be better, eh?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks