What is the best way to mount copper pipe in a basement cieling

Users who are viewing this thread

joebartolucci

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi,
I am in the process of laying out the water distribution system for our home plumbing and I would like an opinion on installing copper pipe in the cieling of the basement. The pipe will be run across the joist as well as within the cavites as needed. I have always seen the bent copper wire hangers that hold the pipe tight to the joist. Are there any other types of hangers I should consider. I want to be sure to secure the pipe to prevent any unnecesary movement. Also do these wire hangers get soldered to the pipe too?

Thanks in advance for your time and responce.
Joe

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are some plastic clamps that hold the pipe well, but allow it to move when expanding and contracting with changes of temperature - that helps prevent noises.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks