Delta Multi Choice Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

markthomas1429

Reaction score
installing a Delta T13490 Multi Choice Valve in a rental tub/shower .......new from Home Depot.....won't shut off..............help!!!!!!

Yes I don't know what I'm doing

CarlH

Reaction score
Did you do any soldering with the cartridge installed? If so, you might have a heat damaged cartridge. The key here should be the cartridge. That is what controls the flow of water. Check the O-rings and check the seats for damage and if they are in their proper place. Did you disassmble the cartridge at all? Lastly, have you installed the handle or knob and tried turning it? I'm not sure, but it may be possible that the stop that limits the travel of the knob/handle could be another cause if it is not installed properly. I think there should be a drawing included with that package what would help you identify the parts.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't know how the set you purchased was packaged. T...indicates a trim kit.

The R10000 rough in valve, by itself, comes with just a blank cap. The water will run continuously unless you purchase separately a plug.

Now, did you install the proper cartridge in your valve body??

Also, your model, apparently an old one, is listed on this "multi choice alert": http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/alert.html

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks