New tube - Drain and over flow question

Users who are viewing this thread

jimmaher

Reaction score
I am replacing 40+ year old tube. My waste and vent is copper.

The tub drain and over flow do not look great. If I replace at slipnut joint can I use plastic and connect it to copper nut?

I am also installing a pedestal sink. Is there a basic rough in height?

Thanks

Jim

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drains

IF you get the right kind of plastic waste and overflow unit it SHOULD attach to the copper drains. The height of the pedestal drain may depend on how the pedestal itself is constructed so you either have to have it ahead of time or get a drawing showing the drain location.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Bottom line on a pedestal sink install: there is NO standard in where the supply and waste pipes need to be for either height or offset from the centerline. Some are VERY restrictive, some are more forgiving. To be safe, you really need the thing or a good drawing with the manufacturer's specs in hand before rough-in, or to determine if you can fit with an existing setup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks