electric how water heater troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

Doubler

Reaction score
We have a 40 gallon electric unit, 240 volts. I have power to unit and I have 240 volts to the elements but no amps, turning thermo. adjust does nothing. any ideas. Very hard water also but I don`t see this as a problem here because like I said there is no draw of current. Its a whirlpool 40 gallon

Thanks
Rick

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It could be the thermostat or the elements. If you turn the power off and disconnect the elements, you can check to see if they are open with an ohmmeter. Before you do that, you could check to see if they are getting voltage. It is my understanding that it only operates one at a time, but I'm not sure. If you have voltage in and no current, something is open, it could be either the thermostat or the elements...an ohmmeter should be able to tell you. My unprofessional opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks