Partial House Low Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdbrdr

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post.::)

The house has electric 50 gallon heater about 7 years old. Over Christmas 1/2 the house (kitchen, laundry, master bath) lost hot water pressure to a trickle. The other half had good pressure. Copper piping, city water. I came in and flushed the heater tank. A lot of mineral came out and pressure at the drain is still not as strong as cold going in. Then I disconnected at kitchen faucet and ran the hot line free for a few minutes. Lo and behold that side of the house came back to strong pressure. BUT, the other bathroom now has barely a trickle at the lav and the bath. Checked the aerator--clean. Pulled the valves in both lav and bath--clean. Rerouted cold water into the hot line at the lav (shut off heater supply and opened the drain). Water flowed good through the tub hot line but apparently nothing back to the heater.

Does this leave me with nothing but clogged pipe from the main branch to the lav branch? If so, Why did the clog shift? Where would I know where to start?

Joe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks