Shower valve HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

bigpopper

Reaction score
I really need some input to what brand of shower valve I have. I'm unable to get pics of it on here right now but, i cant find any brand name on it. Just a manfact. date. On the outer plate (on shower wall) it has UPC inside a little shield, and Csa also stamped into the metal. Dont know if that helps. I do believe my builder used the cheapest thing he could find. It is 6 yrs old, and i am surprised it is leaking. I am getting a constant drip out of my down spout, and it stops and leaks out to shower head if i pull the diverter lever. I think its the valve inside. I took it all apart, took the valve to Home depot, and Lowes, and True value hard-wear, no help there. I'll give a quick description,
It is made of a clear yellow plastic on base where you can see the ceramic parts inside, the gasket attached is blue, the top is a blue plastic and the brass stem has a green plastic collar. I will greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Mark

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have no idea what it may be, but I'd bet that it is a el cheapo no-name from a Box Store that the builder installed. This would be a good time to install a new Delta with anti-scald and a nice trim.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Mark, it doesn't sound like anything I have seen. A picture would help. It sounds like all you need a new cartridge/washer. I am surprised that you couldn't match it up at the big box store. You might have to try a wholesaler to see if they can better match it up for you, otherwise take it as a sign and have the valve replaced with something better...plumbing is one aspect in your home you don't want to cheap out on!

bigpopper

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the help guys! I did find my shower valve, and it is a chinese PROFLO brand. Had to hit the plumbing supply shops. Big thanks again for the help!
Mark

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks