MOEN Kitchen Faucet Wierdness

Users who are viewing this thread

montcady

Reaction score
Hi - I've got a Moen single lever kitchen pull out sprayer faucet model 87315C with extremely poor pressure. Pressure is great at the supply lines, I let them run to clear out any sediment.. I've replaced the cartridge. I thought it might have some sediment in the pullout sprayer hose, so I sucked all the water out of the hose hoping to clean it out (my wife wasn't impressed). Lo and behold, tons of pressure. Put the sprayer/faucet head back on, had great pressure for about 5 minutes then dropped off to next to nothing. Repeated the procedure, if you can call it that, and had the same thing happen. The backflows and screens have all been cleaned. I had the faucet all apart and let it run just to blow any junk out of it (again, the wife wasn't impressed - made a helluva mess) Could this be a vacuum breaker? Moen will send me any parts I need for free... I just don't know what the heck is going on. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I put my money on the sprayer head. Its possible that something got in there and you can't get it out

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
How much sediment and debris are you finding in the screen each time?
How is the flow out of the hose with the head removed?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Here is a specialty tool fro adjusting Moen Faucets :D

Attachments

• sledge-hammer.jpg
    sledge-hammer.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 531

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Problems with Moen faucets are a recurring theme on all the plumbing and diy forums. I think that's because they are for the most part......Crap, Crap, Crappity Crap. :D

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Problems with Moen faucets are a recurring theme on all the plumbing and diy forums. I think that's because they are for the most part......Crap, Crap, Crappity Crap. :D
I don't know about you, but I make a living repairing "Crap, Crap, Crappity Crap"

Reaction score
Website
www.sandpiperplumbing.com
I don't think anyone makes a decent faucet anymore. Down here in south Florida, Moen has been holding up the best and I've had excellent results with their customer service. Delta is pure garbage and recently their customer service has been horrible. American Standard is average but their ceramic cartridges leak soon with our aggresive/sandy water and Kohler is no better. Plus, I've had more than one customer where it took 4 or 5 calls and three service calls to the customers home to get Kohler to send the right parts, or all the parts they said they would.

So, given the choice, we pick Moen most of the time and it's our best seller. We have very few problems with them and when I need something, Moen stands behind their product with knowledgable customer service personel.

montcady

Reaction score
I have found moens customer service to be excellent. Not knowing what I needed for my faucet, I went to the parts list and ordered every piece of guts that belongs to the faucet. They basically sent me a new faucet free of charge, all I have to do is put the SOB together. Kind of like buying a cheap lifetime warranty starter for your car. You never have to buy another one, you just have to replace it every year.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Moen's customer service is A1 in my book. Contrary to the feelings on this board about Moen and their products. I, personally would recommend their products to everyone. Easy to repair, easy to install and warrenty is second to none. (But that is only my opinion)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks