Bosch DLX series dishwasher questioins.

Users who are viewing this thread

cleopold

Reaction score
Greetings

I purchased my first dishwasher - Bosch DLX Series, and have a few install questions... I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel, and want to temporarily hook this up using the wash tub in the basement as a drain - bad idea? I can drill through the floor (future sink location) for the water and drain connections for now... There is a second hose on the side of the appliance that seems to be a vent for steam? Where should this hose be routed/connected? it is approx 3' long...

Looking at the Bosch web site/manual offers no details about this, and I have discovered that the water hook up seems to be a 5/8" male NPT rather than the 3/8" stated in the manual - odd. I am a new DIY'er and need a little kind advise.

Cheers.

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Ignore the big hose. The 5/8" female port is actually a 3/8" male iron pipe connection. Buy a 3/8" male x 3/8" compression adapter and a 3/8"x3/8"x72" stainless flex connector and you're on your way. At final install a 60" connector may be too short because Bosch DW's are built so low to the ground that the water line must travel over a convoluted course to reach the back and exit out thru the side wall. Good Luck.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Any hose which needs to be connected to something will be identified in the installation manual. Strange that it came with male connection for the water. I did a Bosch a long time ago and I thought it was 3/8 female, but whatever. If I recall, the Bosch is slightly shorter than US brands, so you may have to adjust the legs up to get it at the right height just below the countertop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks