Ultramax: Where is it made? in the USA

Users who are viewing this thread

weaver

Reaction score
attachment.php

Where is the Ultramax currently available in the US made? If there are multiple sources, are there noticeable or functional differences of significance?

http://www.totousa.com/Default.aspx?tabid=71

Our state-of-the-art plant in Morrow, Georgia is a testament to conservation and quality control. For example, we recycle the water we use as well as thoroughly treating it before returning it to the county. From our molding process to the final changes, our products are constructed and fine-tuned with computer precision and relentless attention to detail. Our pursuit of excellence pushes us beyond industry standards and drives us to maintain our reputation as one of the most decorated plumbing manufacturers in the world.

Attachments

• plant.jpg
    plant.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It is made at one of Toto's many plants around the world...
Possibly the one in Morrow, Georgia...

One thing I will say about Toto is they have very consistant good quality.
I have installed many 2pc. Toto toilets with the tank made in one country and the bowl made in another. They fit and match perfectly every time!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It might even be different depending on which side of the country you are on...

From what I've heard, Toto casts their stuff with a much dryer clay mix. This in itself isn't a big thing (except it is harder to do), but because it has less moisture, it shrinks less when drying and eventual firing in the kiln. Somebody posted a picture once of what a green casting looked like in comparison to one that was ready for firing...the size difference was quite significant. If you can keep that delta smaller, it is easier to have tighter control of the ultimate size consistency.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been selling USA made toilets from TOTO.

Ultramax
Soiree
Guinevere
Gweneth

It's the only toilet brand I can find that's made in the USA.

Attachments

• MadeInTheUSA.jpg
    MadeInTheUSA.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yea it's funny how a Japanese Company would actually build a manufacturing plant in the US when all the "American Companies" like American Standard, Kohler, Gerber, Eljer, Crane, Jaccuzzi, and the ones that I missed listing are outsourcing their toilet production to Mexico, Guatamala, Brazil, China, And other parts of the third world where cheap wages prevail and it doesnt matter if quality dips because they are so cheap they are disposable,

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toto does have factories in a number of countries, but their quality control is maintained at a very high level regardless of the country the plant is in. You don't need to worry that if your Toto was made in say China that the quality might be poor.

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
I find that absolutely amazing that they are one of the only companies with a plant in the U.S..

I wonder if there's any reason for that we don't know.

I know I am very impressed with the flushing, form, and function of the Ultramax, in spite of all the problems i've had with it of late...

Lee

Replace the "cap" part of the fill valve.
A part sold for $2.49 at Lowes, takes less than a minute without tools to replace.
The Korky is made in the USA too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks