putting sink up against concrete stem wall

Users who are viewing this thread

CompletelyHis

Reaction score
I'm finishing my basement, and there will be a kitchen sink under a window. The wall it is going in front of has a 28" or so concrete stem wall. For reasons too complicated to mention here, there will not be a "false wall" in front of that wall, so the waste and fresh water will be roughed in up against the concrete. I used my ramset to put a pressure treated 2x6 vertically there to put the waste line in, so it can be below the drain line of the sink.

My real issue is the fresh water lines. Would there be any reason I couldn't keep them up at 28"? i know that's about twice as high as they normally would go, but it will be under the 36" counter, and should be be able to connect ok to the faucet, right?

Thanks,

Ian

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
You won't be able to connect the supplies at that height, and you certainly won't be able to service the valves easily at that height either.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Sure you can connect the supplies - braided lines, make a loop.

Be a real pain in the azs, though - talk about limited access! Why do you want to keep them so high, Ian? Just 6 inches lower, life would be a lot easier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks