Installing toilet in new basement

Users who are viewing this thread

pipper75

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to be building a new bathroom in the basement and there is not a drain in the concrete floor. Should I build a platform or is an up flush toilet going to be sufficient? I will also be putting in a shower and sink and a kithchen, it is for my in-laws, I am not too sure about the venting of the system to make it drain properly.

Thanks,
pipper75

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A platform is never a good choice. It will always look terrible and you will never be happy with it. If you can't access a drain below the floor, then you will want to consider a up-flush of some kind. All of that said, this is not a job you should take on for a project. There are many ways to really screw up and just a few right ways to do it. You need to hire a professional plumbing contractor for this one. He won't be cheap, but his fee will look cheap if you DIY and then have to have it redone. Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks