Toto cs854 problems, help please

Users who are viewing this thread

jsalama

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently moved in to a condo with my wife and we are having issues with our TOTO TOILET (TOTO CS854 PROBLEMS).

The flushing cycle will go as follows:

1) The bowl will quickly be filled with water

2) The water will drain very slowly with little suction from the bowl. Nearly every time leaving what needed to be flushed in the bowl

3) The bowl will be nearly completely empty. It will leave only water at its lowest diameter section of the bowl.
this is not a picture of our toilet but it will illustrate how much water would be in our bowl once the cycle is over:
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A3532/35326/300_35326.jpg

What could be wrong?

Thanks for all your expertise.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The toilet is clogged or the line below it is clogged.

More than likely a simple augering will cure your problem.

jsalama

Reaction score
Hi,

The line below was clogged. Up here in Montreal it was going to cost 200$ for an hour to unclog the line by a plumber. Thankfully, I was able to do it.

The guy at home depot told me that when we use a toilet auger we damage the porcelain of the toilet. Afterwards the toilet can have many problems. Is this true? I have an expensive toto toilet and I went ahead and tried the closet auger.

Thanks,

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Maybe it would be a problem with the cheap auger he sells but mine doesn't damage toilets... It even has a rubber coating where it goes into the bowl so there is no scratching...

auger_01.jpg

jsalama

Reaction score
Thanks Redwood,

Time will tell if the auger caused a problem to the toilet. The end of the auger was metal. I cant see how a little porcelain chipped off inside can cause such drastic problems to a toilet.

Redwood, could a few chips cause the toilet to start going bad on me?

Thanks,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks