Toto Carusoe splashes

Users who are viewing this thread

tunruh

Reaction score
Hi, all,

We have a number of Toto Carusoe toilets in our new camp bathhouse, most of which toss one or two small droplets of water on the rim AND seat as they flush. One tossed larger droplets, and required cleaning frequently, so we contacted our retailer and arranged for a replacement. I installed it yesterday and the new one splashes even worse.

I am at a loss, and really wondering about this model, and whether we should replace them all, and with what. The gush of water from the front of the rim seems to splash, sometimes on the tank or even on my leg!!

Or, maybe it's not the toilet. What else could cause them to splash when flushed?

Thanks for your help.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
If the trap in my Cadet 3 siphons dry (if for example, I chuck a large bucket of water down it), I get a very big splash when I first flush the toilet after this.

Could the same be happening with you? Is the plastic pipe connected to the fill valve in the tank directed down the overflow tube to also fill the trap as the tank fills?

Check.

I should be on Terry's payroll I'm giving out so much advice.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is the plastic pipe connected to the fill valve in the tank directed down the overflow tube to also fill the trap as the tank fills?

This would not apply to the Casusoe.
The fill valve does not have a filler for the overflow.
The Carusoe is a washdown bowl, with most of the water starting from the front of the bowl, and then slamming it's way toward the back of the bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks