PDA

View Full Version : Brass air fittings

KKKJJJ
12-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Now that is a lot of brass air fittings http://www.***********.com/subpages/airfitting_1.htm there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo bu

kingsotall
12-17-2008, 04:55 AM
babington wvo bu

Funny, though, because I was at the auto parts store yesterday pricing snow chains and thought the same thing browsing around.

hj
12-17-2008, 04:59 AM
The link is useless, but there are no "air fittings". There are fittings that can be used for air, but they can also be used for anything else you want them for.

gardner
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM
there are no "air fittings". There are fittings that can be used for air, but they can also be used for anything else you want them for.

There are fittings that are designed for a certain application. Maybe there are no "DWV" fittings either, by this definition, since I can make a hampster habitat out of ABS parts.

Electrical conduit fittings, DWV and built-in vacuum fittings, however similar, are not interchangeable. They can reasonably be referred to as conduit, DWV and vacuum fittings.

When's the last time you used one of these under a sink to hook up an icemaker? Maybe never -- because this is an air fitting.

hj
12-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Okay, so there are FEW air fittings, but this posting implied that all the fittiings at that site, whatever they are, were air fittings, but they could also be used for other purposes.

gardner
12-18-2008, 02:06 PM
It was spam to begin with, so we've both already wasted more time than it was ever worth.