Water Heater Hookup

Users who are viewing this thread

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
I plan to change out my 40 ga. electric water heater in the next few days. The new heater has dialectric heat traps installed.
I replaced my existing supply lines, about one month ago, with steel braded ones that seal with an "o" ring.
The dielectric fittings on the new heater have a plastic sleeve that presses lightly inside the opening.
It appears to me that if I use my existing supply lines, the "o" ring will seal against the plastic and not the metal. Water can exit between the plastic and the bore of the fitting.
Will this type supply line work or do I need something else?

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
I was wondering about these earlier. IPC and UPC require 12 or 18 inches (can't remember specifically) of metal connecting to the water heater hot and cold. How are these braided supply's legit¿

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks