Ipc 2003 handbook - bath group/wet vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Fidodie

Reaction score
I'm staring at a picture of a horizontal wet vent figures 9.13 & 9.14 in the 2003 intl plumbing code book - here is a link - i'm 95% sure that is what we uses as of last year sometime. this example is a back-to-back bath group (terminology check?) with a single vent - it looks wet, and it looks horizontal....

Is it now up to the local code to "allow" this? I have a situation where i'm working close to a joist and would like to keep the plumbing running down one bay - so a vertical vent without a large notch in a joist might be difficult - the lav vent is in the next joist bay, it is back-to-back with a laundry room sink (more kitchen type than slop sink)

summary: 2" vent - shower t'd into vertical - meets downstream of w.c. at 3x3x2 wye, turned up 45deg. clean-out upstream of w.c. 3" wye. I have room to work - 12" joist, and not much in the way electric-wise - although i may have to work around the hot-water heat loops.

thanks as alway -

Attachments

• sh-wc.bmp
    40.1 KB · Views: 468

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

Because the shower is attached to it, there is little possibility of the vent becoming obstructed and staying that way, which makes it permissable. The lavatory/laundry drain is a bit more complicated than necessary.

Fidodie

Reaction score
thank you!

The lav/laundry drain drops into the neighboring joist bay - and just clips
the top of the joist - knocked out about 1/2 inch - i probably could have turned back into the center of the joist and used it as the vent - but rather than drill it, i just created its own 4' horizontal run - there is also a soffit to hide the vent pipes above - making life easy.

Was your comment directed at connecting on the horizontal rather than vertical?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks