Using a 3"san. Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry4

Reaction score
I Have one tight tie in on the job. They are finishing the basment and have to keep a new 3" soil line up in the joist bay. I normally use a combo wye and eigth bend to tie in, but this will bring me down too low. How much would the inspector frown if I drop one branch into a 3" san. Tee. The tee is straight up of course.

Thanks,

Lar

Larry4

Reaction score
abs_santee.gif

I am using the san tee upright with flow comming into the top ( not horizonal, I wouldnt do that). I normally use a wye with a street 45 to bring the angle up to a 90. This may be fine to use. I was told always to use wyes not san tees. The san tee is a much lower profile than the wye with a street 45. This is a tight spot in joist bay to sub floor. Man I have to get some software with fittings and stuff. Anyone know where I can get that so I can Illustrate some things.

thanks,

Lar

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tee

IF the tee is vertical with the branch going horizontally off to the side, then the sanitary tee is the NORMAL fitting to use. A "Y" or combo has absolutely no benefits and is sometimes illegal for that situation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks