Plumbing in new addition question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry4

Reaction score
Hi, Larry here. Im starting the plumbing in a new addition. Im asking if I can vent a shower stall and toilet with a 2" vent. The shower stall and toilet line up in the same basment joist bay 7.5' apart. I was going to come down the back wall with the vertical 2" dry vent which goes directly up and out roof, 90 degree into the basement joist, go 1' and covert to 3" waste. From that point go 1' more and wye in the shower trap. From shower trap 5.5' to 3" toilet and wye in with 3". From there 1.5' and wye into the main soil line going out. Basiclly everthing lines up in a row with the vent starting in the back and direction of flow going towards the toilet. Hope this makes some sense. Thanks for all your help.

Larry

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
No part of the vent may run horizontally until it has risen to at least 6" above the flood level rim of the highest fixture served.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks