Did my wife "break" our new toilet??

Users who are viewing this thread

frank1890

Reaction score
ok, the other day, there was a water main break down the road/downhill from us. water was out for about six hours. I checked the faucet from time to time, and only had air running thru. at any rate, my wife goes, and uses the toilet, only went pee, lol.(2 month old kohler class 5) she forgets to not flush, and flushes, it all goes down, and I hear air shooting thru the lines, i run to the bathroom, and turn the incoming water valve off under the toilet. No biggie i figure, when the water comes back on I will just turn the valve back on. ok water comes back on, I turn the valve on, a little air hisses thru, then water fills the tank. good i say to myself. now for fun i test flush it, and see that now, when it flushes, not all the water goes down the bowl like it did before. AND there seems to be a shoot back of sorts, like it splashes back up higher than the seat!! (uh oh, thats not good lol) being the class five, i try to flush it holding the handle down to get the maximum flushage. works fine every time. but I bought this to save water. Oh, also, some times(maybe 1 in 5 flushes) it works fine. what happend to this fine unit??? Oh, BTW she also accidentally flushed our 30 year old toilet too and I had to shut that valve off as well. That one is still running fine no problems.Thank you for any help!
Frank

frank1890

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, while I am handy, I do not know what a fill valve is.. thanks again for the advice!
Frank

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The fill valve is that piece in the tank that the float is connected to to shut the water off when the tank is filled. There is probably some debris from the break that has clogged it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilets

She did absolutely NOTHING to the toilets. That is the way they work when the water is turned off. You can flush them once, but then have to wait until the water is turned on to flush them again. ANY problems you have are because of something else.

frank1890

Reaction score
Thank you guys fo your tips. Actually what appeared to have happend was..... after she flushed, as the air shot back into the bowl, the small plastic rubbery water line "popped" off its placement in the center of the tank.. I replaced it, and all is well.. thanks again!:)

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
I see that your toilet has a "bidet" style flush.

I do too! Only thing, it takes a great many flushes to get the job done. :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks