Leaning Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

sweetaskandi

Reaction score
I live in an old house and i don't have any issues except for the leaning tub in my master bathroom. My landlord hasn't really ever been in the house but he seams to think that there are just a few missing tiles. In fact I can see through the wall where the last row of tiles would be closest to the tub itself. You can see that the tub is leaning towards the wall. I put a curtain up to prevent the wood from getting wet however I believe that it has already started rotting. What do I do ask for a replacement tub or can it be repaired??? I know the landlord doesn't want to put alot of money into the house but i'm actually scared to take a shower. :( :confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You're right, it could be leaning because the floor and walls around it are rotten. Is there any way to look underneath?

If you can see wood, take an ice pic or similar sharp, thin object and see if it easily goes way into the wood.

Does the tub move if you say sit on one end or the other?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

Until you know what is happening, there is no way to tell how to fix it, but from your description I suspect that the leaning tub is just a symptom of a much greater problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks